Chapter Nineteen | Conflicts Rising

SEVEN DAYS HAVE passed since Bakugou arrived at the Southern Kingdom of Terra.

Seven days of moving around from one town to another, showing himself to the people and giving speeches-- which he dreaded, just to claim his hold on his territory. He's gotta make sure that they won't get any funny ideas such as liberating themselves anymore.

And while he's doing all that, his army is seizing the rebellions that are threatening to rise. So far, they've been successful with oppressing them and he's thrown an awful lot of conspirators in jail.

Bakugou must say that this trip exhausted him. Not to mention the constant paranoia he's been feeling and keeping to himself that the rebellion will get out of hand and anything he'll do won't be enough to stop it, or someone might actually succeed in assassinating him. Also, he's been constantly worried about the things happening back in his own Kingdom, in Ignis. He's afraid his own people will act upon their hatred against the Southern people and grab this conflict as an opportunity to start a war again.

He can't have that happening. Although it is a known fact that Bakugou grew up in the South, he never really admitted to anyone that he grew fond of the place where he spent most of his life. The place where he grew up with his father.

It was when Bakugou was merely a year old when his mother sent him to the South with his father so he could be raised there, and be surrounded with scholars preparing him to be the next monarch. He barely saw his mother as he seldomly visited Ignis in his younger years hence he held more memories in the South than the very own Kingdom he rules. He permanently stayed at Ignis when his mother died and he became King.

Despite the conflicts going on, when he finally set foot in the Southern Kingdom, he felt his home once again.

As of right now, Bakugou and his company decided to settle down in the castle owned by his father, the castle where he grew up.

After resting for a while, Bakugou decided to stand and walk around the castle. He's usually not the sentimental type but right now, he felt like going around to familiarize the place once again.

"Where are you going? It's late."

Bakugou recognized Kirishima's voice and he turned to face the red head.

"Getting some air." Bakugou said briefly. "What about you, shitty hair?" He asked and look down at the bottle clasped in Kirishima's hands.

"Oh, I went to find some ink... I got a letter from my wife so I rushed to make a reply." Kirishima answered.

That peaked Bakugou's interest, his mouth opened slightly, his brows furrowed, while his eyes blinked multiple times.

"You get letters from your wife?"

That question came out of the blonde's mouth unexpectedly but it was due to slight confusion. He never get letters from his wife, not even when he went to the frontlines few days after they were married. Also, he does not expect to receive one. But in this situation and when Kirishima just told him his wife is writing to him, Bakugou is reminded that (Name) must also write to him and inform him about the state of his Kingdom.

"Uhh... of course." Kirishima chuckled, a little amused.

Bakugou did not say anything instead, he just stood there and continue to ponder. Kirishima couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"Why? Is (Name) not writing to you?"

"No." Bakugou answered. "But she should. I left her there in charge and I did not receive any shit from her to inform me what was happening in my Kingdom."