Chapter Twenty | Breaking and Making Deals

ALTHOUGH TEMPTING, the thoughts of settling down near the shore where one will be surrounded with a peaceful and serene atmosphere have vanished from Bakugou's mind and was replaced by disturbance.

Four days ago, just as he was about to depart to acquire some rest, Kirishima's news had delayed him. Hopes of finally resting in a stress-free environment was gone the moment the red head delivered the information that thousands of people, rebels and non-rebels alike, are about to rise and march to the castle Bakugou was staying at that time. They are going to protest but clearly, in a more violent way.

Chaos exploded within the party that Bakugou had brought. Kirishima insisted that Bakugou should still depart to the castle by the sea so that he could be miles away from the violence that was about to ensue.

Bakugou, being who he is, did not heed to his friend's insistence. He is a King, one that needs to be protected, but he's no coward. He's been to frontlines in many battles before and he's not gonna sit this one out.

"How is it looking?"

Walking through the hallway, he's surrounded by soldiers and Kirishima to report the status outside.

"These past four days we've managed to halt their advances, Your Majesty, so that they won't be able to reach this castle." One soldier said. "But their numbers seemed to have not dwindled, they kept pushing forward."

Kirishima then said, "And this time, they've brought canons and guns with them."

"What about those with quirks?"

"They're the hardest to contain, Your Majesty, but we're doing our best."

"Try harder." The blonde ordered.

"Bakugou, you know they're gonna--" Kirishima was cut off by Bakugou suddely halting his pace.

He faced the soldiers and said, "I know Kirishima. It won't be long before they manage to get past my soldiers. What about that mind control bastard's soldiers?"

"Some of King Shinso's soldiers joined the uprising but we have a quarter of them on our side." Kirishima answered.

"Send those who are in our side to the frontlines." He said.

Bakugou's eyes glared at nothing in particular due to agitation, some of the soldiers behind Kirishima flinched and backed away.

He knows this won't do so he needs to do something. Bakugou started to walk again and passed the soldiers.

Kirishima turned and called out for him, "Where are you going?"

"To make a strategy." He curtly answered, walking to the war room of the castle. The soldiers scurried and began to follow him.

As he walked, Bakugou had realized something. "And where the fuck is Deku?"

His relationship with the green haired scholar is not at all that pleasant but Bakugou has to admit that Midoriya is a scholar for a reason, and right now they need his knowledgable disposition.

"The moment I delivered the news he disappeared." Kirishima answered. "He hasn't been back for four days."

"What?!"

"I have a hunch he's going to Ignis, Bakugou."

"And what the fuck would he be doing there?"

"It is obvious that Midoriya has predicted that this situation won't turn well, so he may have asked for help from Ignis."

As if he couldn't get more agitated, Bakugou clicked his tongue and stopped causing the others to halt as well. Just as he opened his mouth to deliver an order to do something about Midoriya, a soldier came running to them and saluted.