Chapter Thirty-Seven | Terrible Thoughts

WARNING: Mentions of attempted murder and suicide. (Name) is losing her mind.

--

IT WAS AN UNCONSCIOUS gesture, one that (Name) didn't notice as she stared at the raindrops slowly disintegrating into the air and the sun finally peeking out from clouds, blessing the grounds with its refreshing light. The moment after a rain is such a sight to behold, so much so that it distracted (Name) from the fact that she's currenlty caressing her stomach.

"(Name)."

It was only then when she realized what she was doing and immediately let her hand fall to her side. She turned to see her sister.

"The rain has stopped." (Sister's Name) said.

(Name) stared at her sister's attire. She was dressed in a fancy yet comfortable dress, one fitting for a long journey. Her sister anxiously pulls at her white gloves as a worried look defines her face.

"We're leaving now. We're going home."

Of course, (Name) has prepared herself for her sister's departure, but when the actual day has come, she can't help but feel a little lonely again. A smile curved her lips as she tried her best not to cry, however, the tears are already pricking at the corner of her eyes. She started towards her older sister and engulfed her in a big, long hug. (Name) didn't want to let go, for her sister's embrace felt like the home she missed for so long. When (Sister's Name) pulled away from her, she raised her hand to rest it upon (Name)'s cheeks.

Then, (Sister's Name)'s eyes flickered towards her stomach. Towards the life that's currently growing inside. "Are you sure you're going to be all right, dear sister? You're ought to tell someone else."

(Name) shook her head, "I'll be fine. I have Uraraka."

"I'm talking about someone more adept regarding.. this. Like Midnight. You need her to take care of yourself and the baby. Our physician can talk to her and tell her about your condition."

"I told you, sister, I don't want you or the physician to tell anyone else. I should be the one to tell everybody, but not right now. Not unless I'm ready."

Both were silent as they stared at each other, trying to convince the other to heed their words. In the end, it was (Sister's Name) who yielded.

"Fine. But please, take care of yourself. I'll write to you from time to time and you have to write back." She pressed towards her little sister.

(Name) nodded, "And you must swear to keep your promise sister. Don't tell anyone else, even mother and father."

With a firm nod, (Sister's Name) slowly smiled an earnest one and she pulled (Name) into another embrace before pulling away and bidding goodbye. Watching her older sister walking away from her, (Name) couldn't help but miss her already, coupled with the feeling of guilt. Guilt for lying to her.

Because (Name) doesn't know whether she will ever be ready to tell anyone else. For now, she's not planning on telling anyone about her pregnancy, not even her husband. She swear not to reveal anything else unless she figures out a way to deal with this.

But as (Name) turned to the window once again and thought about how the coup should go on despite the circumstance that has currently occured, she didn't even notice that her hand has found its way again towards her belly as it started to feel the life growing in it.

__________

It was the same. Midnight was seeing the same things she saw with (Name) and the late Queen Mitsuki. The same pregnancy symptoms. Midnight would have known it from her years of service with Queen Mitsuki especially the time when she got sick, when her breast were swollen and tender, and when she have a constant wave of nausea. All of it can be seen on (Name) as well.