Chapter Twenty-two | Keep Up the Act

IT KIND OF FEEL UNUSUAL THAT (Name) woke up without Uraraka's voice ringing in her ears first thing in the morning. The brunette, as part of her service, always made sure to wake the royalty with a gleeful disposition as if attempting to ease the pain of waking up early every morning.

Today, (Name) woke up early by a call, she was assisted during her bath and now she's dressed in her clothes. The only difference is that it wasn't Uraraka who did all the service to her this morning, instead, it was another servant and conveniently Uraraka's friend, Asui Tsuyu.

It's not that she dislikes Asui or anything, in fact she's grateful that the she went out her way to volunteer herself to aid (Name) while Uraraka is absent. It's just the thought of Uraraka being sent home because of the issue that's happening and the fact that her return is yet unsure and (Name) might not possibly see her again, is what saddens her.

After Lord Yuuri's stunt last night, Uraraka was sent home until her place in the palace is decided, (Name) thinks it's also better for the brunette to go home now and get some rest, so since last night she's been thinking of a way to help Uraraka.

By now, (Name) has made it her habit to wander around the place while she tries to sort through her mind. Unfortunately, her peace was interrupted when the source of her pondering suddenly showed up.

"Your Majesty..."

(Name) no longer enjoys the solitude she has in the ground of the palace when Lord Yuuri showed up. He stood in front of her while she sat on a bench. Her hands balled into a fist and she was ready to walk away but Lord Yuuri stopped her.

"If Her Majesty stays, I must express my apologies in regards to the situation yesterday."

She paused and remained seated. "You only decided to apologize now?"

"But I apologized yesterday, Your Majesty. Many times if I could remember. I only thought I should apologize again."

"You lied. You fabricated a story to save your skin and if there's one person you need to apologize to, it's not me. It's Uraraka. But I doubt an apology from you would be enough seeing what you did to her."

Lord Yuuri sighed, he intertwined his hands behind him.

"I have noticed, after what happened yesterday you were so keen on caring for a mere servant like Uraraka. I do not get it."

"I told you she is not just a servant, she is my friend."

"That is very unusual, we do not involve ourselves with servants."

(Name) kept her shaking hands to herself, afraid that she might slap his face right there and then. The man is so genuinely confused that it irked (Name).

Then, the faintest of smirk appeared of Lord Yuuri's lips. "Now I must admit I have indeed performed a stunt last night."

Her eyes narrowed with a glare. "It would be great if you had confessed that last night to the King."

"But of course, you know that I won't do that, Your Majesty." He said. "You are a foreigner but I guess that you at least know that it isn't always fair in this court."

(Name) thinks that he has a point but she cannot just allow the injustice to happen everytime, not that it has hurt her friend this time. She will damn herself if she can't help Uraraka right now. But what exactly must she do?

"A squeamish person won't last long in the court of King Bakugou, Your Majesty. And here I thought that you of all people-- the woman who got to marry the most powerful man in this Kingdom would know how it would feel like if one's position is threatened, you should also know that I will do anything just to stay in this lavish life in the court."