Chapter Seven | Departure

WARNING: Slight gore.

--

EVER SINCE THE CROWN had landed on his head, Bakugou had received disapproving looks from everyone because of his ways of ruling. Then, they would give him the look of anger to press it further to him that what he was doing is not ideal, and they're opposing to it.

But in the end, whenever Bakugou would show them the power he held as King, they would always cower in fear.

That's how it always end.

And (Name)...she's no different. Bakugou knows, sooner or later, that fury in her eyes would diminish only to be replaced by fear.

He had shown his power to her, what he's capable of doing. He sent her to the woods to give her a fright, to show her that he can have her killed anytime if he wants if she continues to defy him, to show her proper place even if the title of Queen Consort was bestowed upon her.

Yet the fury in her is still there.

Why is she not afraid? She should have realized it was Bakugou who put her in danger, she should be kneeling, crying and begging for him to never give her a fright again. She should be begging for the safety of her life.

Irritating. Bakugou thought. (Name) is irritating...

"Where is he?!"

He watched as she noticed Kirishima first, her face angry and ready to blow off. She's looking around and when her eyes finally landed on Bakugou, she glared.

She started to walk to him, dragging the coachman responsible for leaving her in the middle of the woods, he struggled and cried in her grip.

"It wasn't me! It wasn't me, Your Majesty!" The coachman cried. (Name) did not listen and continued to walk to Bakugou.

And then she stopped before him.

"This man right here...planned to kill me." She said, panting. "This is treason!"

He had seen her mad before, but not this mad.

The coachman thrashed away from her grip, he succeeded and scrambled a few distance away from her, then he kneeled and lowered his head almost kissing the ground.

"I swear to you, Your Majesty. I do not intend to kill you, I was forced to do it...forgive me, forgive me!"

Bakugou look down at the coachman, (Name) look down as well with disbelief.

"Who was it?" She asked. "Who ordered you?"

The coachman remained silent and trembling. (Name) step closer to the coachman.

"Tell me..." She said, almost pleading.

Bakugou closed his eyes and sighed, he decided not to prolong this.

"It was me." His voice resonated.

Silence enveloped the whole throne room.

Bakugou saw Kirishima look down while gritting his teeth, Midoriya widened his eyes, while the coachman flinched. It was a given reaction.

And (Name), she frozed. Slowly, she turned her head to face him but refused to meet his eyes yet.

"What..?" She asked, voice breaking.

"It was me who ordered him."

Her torso went up and down as she breathe shakily.

"...Why?"

'Why?' He thought, brows ceasing in irritation.

He knew (Name) has suspicions that it was him who ordered the coachman. Yet why is she acting like she doesn't? Is she in denial? Had she decided to turn a blind eye against his doing? It irritated Bakugou. It irked him that this woman, his wife, chose to act innocent and oblivious to his actions.