sixteen.

"Hello?"

"Hm?" Kin had fallen asleep behind the controls of her ship once again. She yawns, stretching her arms above her head as she turns to fully face the woman standing behind her, "Yes?"

"The nav system is going off," Eva says and Kin pauses before she hears the quiet beeping as well.

She looks out of the view of the ship to see the planet before her, it's broad and beige, taking up them entire glass window before her. It's what she can only assume is supposed to be Mandalore. Nor Kin or her companion have been to the planet but the holonet had given her a rough guess on what it was supposed to look like.

"This is it," She flips off autopilot, "You better not of been lying when you said there's work here."

"You take me for a liar, Finnall?" Eva smiled warmly, her unseeing eyes somehow looking right at Kin, "What next?"

"I'll say you've been lying about being blind this whole time as well," as she pulled into the atmosphere she narrowed her eyes at the large domes that covered cities, she wondered if they were even going to be let in, "What the hell? Eva, these people live in bubbles."

"Stars, Kin, do your research! The air isn't safe to breathe," Eva taps on Kins shoulder with a swift hand, "Are we close to landing?"

"Yeah, I see the landing bay and the dock now," Kins hands work fast on the control panel as she pulled into the opening in the large glass dome. The closer she was to landing, the more she could the the humongous intricate city below her. "Go through the plan."

"The planets under control by that new crime syndicate, right?" Kin hums an affirmative sound as she focuses on landing her craft than listening to Eva speak, "Who ever is in charge, I've heard is quite the piece of work."

Eva pauses and as Kin finally docks the ship, her eyes narrow, "What are you insinuating? Quite the piece of work?"

"You know, Madraykin, you're a woman with some pretty big ambitions-"

"The point?" Sharpness bled into Kins tone as she stood up from the pilots chair, Eva following her.

"We can't be low life bounty hunters forever, we need some bigger connections," Eva nearly pleads.

Kin presses her lips in a flat line as she considers. Bounty hunting was something Kin could see herself doing forever, but change wasn't unwelcome. She sighs as she grabs Eva's hand and pulls her to the exit of her ship.

"I'll think about it," she says as the door opens and the pair is met with the busy streets of Mandalore, "But for now, let's just figure out who's running this place."

long note today oops. uuuh first off shitty short chapter today I know :/ setting up for bigger things takes a little bit of filler. not to be weird but I write a bit more on ao3 now if ur into that, and I do have a thrawn fic on there so check it out if ur into that my @ is still br00tle. and lastly, I have an irl who wants me to plug her into this so if you're into like criminal minds I think?? check out her acc, gnatattack23