Chapter 18

The funeral, Exactly a month later.

     Draco's stomach churned as he stated blankly at his bed. His sheets were crumpled and he hadn't had the energy to fix it up since her death. In all honesty, he hadn't had the energy to do much of anything.

      Tears fell down his face as he continued to think about how he was supposed to say goodbye today. He couldn't think of a world without Ophelia, yet here he was in that exact world he had dreaded since the day he had laid eyes on her. That constant heartthrob constantly overtook him. He felt sick. Overwhelmed. Scared. Lonely.

       A knock on the door startled him and he looked up to see his mother walk through the door.
"It's time dear." She whispered, her eyes were much brighter than his. His once ocean blue eyes now seemed to look more gray and dull. His hair had flattened and looked limp on his head. His skin was pale and thin.
       Reluctantly he walked over to his mother who placed her hand on his back, leading him down the stairs into the hallway and out the door.

      The sky looked down on them, gray and alone. It's eyes made up black clouds of dread. Sitting in the midst of a small group of people, lay a casket. Black in color and embellished with flowers and precious belongings. A silver arch soared above it, casting a slight shadow on the death bed.
        Draco put his hand on his stomach to avoid puking. He could feel it turning around itself, clenching in a feeling of pure sadness and lost love. Nothing was the same now. Every day was not a day of living more of surviving. Surviving without the one person whom he had loved so much.
      He slowly walked up to the casket and looked down at Ophelia who was laying, dead and cold. She wore a white dress which matched her skin perfectly. Her eyes were closed and her lips were cracked and blue. He leaned down and studied her, drinking in one last look. His tears slid down his face, falling onto her corpse. He slid his hand over her face and let out a soft whimper.
       "Whenever you are, just know that I love you." He mumbled. He then picked up her hand and kissed it one last time.

       The rest of the service was really just a blur on the outside of Draco's eyes. He had retreated to his room before anyone had had the chance to talk to him. He was now sitting at his desk chair, looking out the window into the darkened sky. It had started raining and the drops had splattered onto the glass, blurring it a little. Draco rubbed his eyes and laid his head onto the cold hard wood. He heard the door open and he could feel two sets of eyes staring at him.
Narcissa and Lucius were standing outside the door, staring at their once hopeful son.
"What's happened to my son?" Lucius groaned "How could one human ruin him to the point of this. "
"It's called love Lucius," Narcissa whispered to him. "And that's no son of ours anymore. That's just a shell where a human used to live. It got ripped away with that girl. He will never be the same. Some things really don't heal over time. After all, love leaves the deepest scar."

The end