Chapter 7

In Draco's perspective

Ever since the Yule ball it's almost as if Ophelia had been avoiding Draco. Why? He did not know. Word had gotten out about the two of them and not everyone had taken it so well. Particularly Harry who couldn't believe one of his best friends was dating his worst enemy. Draco, of course thought Harry was just acting like the hot headed git he was.

He sat at the Slytherin table, staring at the entrance of the hall, waiting for Ophelia to walk through so he could catch her. It seemed liked forever before he finally saw her walking to the Ravenclaw table flanked by her two friends whom he had already forgotten their names.

He stood up very quickly and walked over to her and gently placed his hand on her shoulder. She spun around and he leaned over so his lips were next to her ears.

"Can we talk?" He whispered.

She stood up and followed him out of the Hall and out into the courtyard.

"Is something wrong?" He asked. "Ever since the ball you've been avoiding me and I don't know why."

"It's just been a hard month that's all." Ophelia replied, glumly. Draco didn't believe this. He could come up with about a million scenarios in his head as to why she was avoiding him. None of which were good.

"Look I'm sorry for whatever I did or whatever happened." He said, still leaning his head close to hers.

"It's fine" she replied before pushing away and walking back into the hall.

"Wait!!!" He yelled. But she had already gathered her friends and started to walk back to the Ravenclaw common room. Without thinking he ran after her, his heart was pounding. He didn't want to lose her. He couldn't lose her. They started to run up the stairs and his legs gave in. He fell to the ground and shoved his face into his hands. Tears glided down his face as they welled up in his eyes.

"Draco don't cry"

He immediately looked up to see Ophelia standing above him. She sat down on the stairs next to him and put her arms under his, placing his head in her lap. She wrapped one arm around him and ran her fingers through his hair with the other one.

"I told you it's been a hard month. I didn't mean to make you cry. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore and I really need to figure it out."

Draco sat up so he was facing her and lifted her chin up with his hands, which were still wet with his tears. He could now see tears forming in her eyes as well.

"What stuff do you mean?" He asked

Ophelia went a little rigid and moved her face away so she was looking down at her hands.

"I'm sorry Draco." She whispered "I can't tell you that"