Chapter 10: Rainy Days

(Art above is not mine.)

"You know, for once, I'm glad it's raining right now," Kai mumbled softly as he smoothed out my almost dry hair.

"How come?" I asked, sitting up straight to look Kai in the eyes.

His eyes were gentle and soft, filled with kindness and generosity. However, my eyes were filled with curiosity and wonder. My mouth was partially open as I wondered what could be so great about the rainy season. Ugh, I hate to think about the rainy season. This darn rain is even going to make us late and make the teachers think we're skipping class.

Oh crap, they're going to think we're skipping class. Oh no, come on! Do we ever get a break?! I sighed slowly, thinking of the punishment we'd get for Mrs. Cho thinking we skipped class.

Kai already had enough trouble on his hands, he didn't need to be wrongfully punished again. My eyebrows slightly knitted together as Kai paused and smiled for a bit. I was somewhat anxious to hear his answer. Sometimes the silence was good, sometimes it was bad. This silence was anticipating and awkward, but thrilling at the same time.

"Because I get to spend more time with you. This is a peaceful moment, it's nice to finally hear the sound of rain with you and just sit comfortably in silence. Your presence alone makes this moment all the more enjoyable," Kai replied with a gleeful look in his eyes.

I blushed and shyly turned away, hiding my face in my hands. Kai leaned forward and placed his chin on my shoulder. I blushed even more and squeaked a bit unknowingly. Kai chuckled and continued to rest his chin on my muscle toned shoulder. He sat up and held his hand out from beneath the tree's shelter.
   As soon as he saw that the rain had momentarily stopped for a while, he picked up our backpacks, handing me mine. His outstretched hand awaited mine as he towered over my figure. I took his hand in mine, allowing him to help me stand up. I took my backpack from Kai's soft hands, slinging it onto my shoulder. I nodded as we started walking briskly to the school halls.
   We were quickly faced with Mrs. Cho. As much as she pissed me off, I stayed quiet when she chewed me out. Yet sooner, rather than later, her attention quickly turned to Kai. Her already pug like face turned sour, scrunching up even more so than it already was. I side glanced Kai with rage in my eyes, seeing that Kai was just taking it all.

   "Miss, it was my fault. I made us take shelter under a tree until the rain stopped," I spoke up cooly as soon as Kai opened his mouth to speak.

   "Is that so? Well then, detention for you. Go to the detention room. Now," Mrs. Cho barked.

   "But-,"

   "Kai, it's fine. Just go to class, I'll see you after school. Okay?" I cut him off once again.

Kai huffed and nodded his head. He glared at Mrs. Cho as he started strolling towards his next class, meanwhile, I had to go to detention for the next hour. I sighed softly, clearing my throat silently before starting towards the detention room. I knocked quietly, to which the door swung open to reveal a tall, slim man, who appeared to be in his early thirties or so. He cleared his throat, allowing me to enter the class before speaking up.

"What did you get in trouble for?" He asked, slowly sitting back down in his chair to write up a pass for when I go to my next class.

"Mrs. Cho thought that I skipped class because I waited for the rain to stop while I was outside," I stated clearly, plopping down into an empty seat beside a sophisticated looking boy.

"Ah, I see. Well, just stay here for an hour. That's it, I don't care if you go on your phones or not. I don't get paid enough for this anyways," The man trailed off.

What Lies Beneath Her Mask (REWRITE)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें