Chapter 43 - " You have to stop"

" Okay, you have to get out of bed"

I look up to see Jess standing by my bedroom door. Her arms are crossed and her lips are pursed.

" Shhh, Roy is asleep" I whisper.

I stroke Roy's blonde locks before giving her a kiss on her forehead. Jess is still by the door when I look back up. 

" I gave Chloe a call to come over" she says.

" What are you talking about?" I ask her.

" You need to leave this apartment and have some fun" Jess smirks.

I roll my eyes with a small laugh escaping my lips.

" I have lots of fun here with my daughter" I playfully glare at her.

" You need some fun with me" she teases.

I look down at Roy in her angelic sleep. She's been my safe harbor for weeks. She's been my comfort. Everything is chaotic yet amazingly sweet with her. She's been the one to bring the sunshine back into my heart shattered heart. The shattering that I've done to myself.

" I don't know, Jess" I shake my head.

Truthfully I'm terrified to go out into the public's view. After getting back from my trip with Jess, I was hit with so many rumors and stories about me online. I thought that maybe trying to get my career back on track and singing on SNL things would get better. But it just got worse.

They used my own words against me. They used my past against me.

" You can't hide out forever" she says.

" I can try" I shrug.

" No" Jess shakes her head and immediately begins walking over.

She reaches over and pulls me out of bed. I'm reluctant and try to push her off but she won't give up. She pulls harder until I'm on the floor. It makes me laugh. It's exactly what she did months after I gave birth to Roy.

She convinced me to go out. Even Liam offered to babysit that night. Funny enough, that was the night I met Nathan.

" Let's just watch a movie or something" I offer.

" Hell no" Jess shakes her head again. " We're going out to a club, you'll love it."

The images of paparazzi standing out front at the club make my skin crawl. It's their questions and comments that will bother me the most. It will ruin my entire night anyway. They'll bring up Nathan and the failed wedding. They'll bring up Harry and his new girlfriend, the last people I want to have to think about.

I hear the front door open. Jess looks back for a moment listening out for Chloe's footsteps. Then turns back to me.

" Just get dressed" Jess pleads.

Chloe shows up at my bedroom door with a smile on her face. Her face is pink blushed from the cold outside. But her eyes are shining.

" Yay, you're going out!" she beams.

" Fine" I groan.

Chloe takes a seat on the mini couch next to my bed. Jess runs out to my mini bar in the living room after pushing me inside my closet. I look around trying to find something to wear. I go through some of the racks and I'm completely uninterested in any of them.

I make my way towards the back of my closet. A rack is full of outfits I've worn in the past. Some of them even red carpet dresses that I worn years ago. They all hold so many memories. There's the white one I wore the first time I went to one of Lia's movie premiere. There's the long black one I wore after being in the hospital from Carter. There are even ones from the tour.