Chapter 33 - " I want to make things official."

The envelope feels heavy in my hands. But I have to give it to him. I want to give it to him. I never thought that I would. But everything has changed.

The car stops and the drives look back at us.

" Would you like for me to wait for you, Ms Reed?" he asks.

" No it's okay" I say as I unbuckle Roy from the car seat. " I'll give you a call when we're ready."

He nods and looks forward. It takes me a little longer to pull her out with all the excitement. She wants to see her dad and play with her brother. This has been our routine with the past couple of weeks.

Once we're out of the car she runs towards Harry's building without waiting for me. I hardly have time to shut the car door before I'm running after her. It's only half a second of not being able to visually see her through the crowds of people for me to push passed them all until I see her. 

" Roy, you know you aren't allowed to just run off like that" I sigh at her as I leaned down to her level.

" Sorry momma" she says but her attention isn't on me, it's on the building doors.

WIth Roy by my side, I look behind me to see a man with his coffee spilled all over the floor. Grabbing Roy's hands I step over towards him.

" I'm so sorry!" I apologive profusly.

" It's okay" he shakes his head looking away from me.

" I can get you a new cup of coffee" I offer.

" No" is all he says before walking away. 

But it's his familiar face that leaves me planted in front of the building watching him walk away. It's Roy's tugging that finally makes me brush off the incident.

Roy holds my hand as we the elevator up towards Harry's apartment. I try to remember where I've seen the guy before. Maybe he's a paparazzi scoping out Harry's place I've just walked passed once or twice before.

The envelope for Harry is still in my hand while we ride up the elevator. I'm nervous again. Almost as much as the day I told him about Roy being his daughter. As soon as the elevator doors open, Roys pulls me again running towards Harry's front door. She's the one that rings the door bell.

It's only a second before I hear running foot steps one the other side of the door. But it's another couple of seconds before the door is opened. Harry's eyes fall on Roy first. His smile brightens in a way that I love. Maybe because he's proud of the little girl we made. Maybe because she brings that side out of him. It's the most beautiful kind of smile. 

Roy rushes into his arms with a sweet smile on her face. Once she lets go of him she rushes over to Kian. He's wearing the big brother shirt Roy told me about. She's insisting on a little sister T-shirt because of it. She runs with him down into Harry's living room. Harry moves to the side letting me walk inside.

" Kian couldn't wait any longer to show her this" he chuckles as we walk towards the living room.

It's a fort made from the couches and bed sheets. It reminds me of the ones Niall and I used to make as kids.

" Did you help him build this?" I let out a laugh as I watch the kids crawl inside of it.

" Yeah" he admits.

I look over to see him holding a shy smile. He scratches the back of his head as he walks into his kitchen. I follow close behind holding the envelope behind my back. We listen to the kids laughter as he gives me a glass of water.

" Are you hungry?" he asks.

" I'm fine" I shake my head. 

He shrugs but still opens up his fridge. It's a very different fridge than the one we used to share back at the band's apartment. A lot more healthier options I glimpse at. No more soda cans over flowing inside. Instead he takes out a bowl of grapes and places it on the counter in between us. He makes sure it's in the middle, trying to make me feel more comfortable. And it works.