Chapter 5 - " I don't blame him"

With Roy in my arms, Chloe and I walked up my apartment after such a long and eventful day. Roy was semi passed out from all the fun she had, didn't even seemed bothered by the scraped knee. I felt anxious after my conversation with Harry. As calm as I felt while I was with him, I felt terrified when I was away from him. It terrified me that I had agreed to meet up with him tomorrow because of the kids. It was no good for either of us. 

But the most terrifying part of it all was Roy. Was Harry really that oblivious to Roy being his kid? What if he did find out the truth? Would he hate me? Maybe even try to take her away from me? It scared me to my bones.

" Chloe?" I whispered away from Roy's ear.

" yeah?"

" tomorrow Roy has a play date so I'll have you take her instead of me" I decided.

Chloe agreed without any protest. I didn't think I was ready to start a friendship with Harry. I couldn't let what happened in the past happen again. Especially now with all our responsibilities. I had Roy to think about. He had Kian and Lia, his wife. Shit, Lia. With everything going I hadn't even thought of Lia. Truthfully, Lia hadn't been on my mind in such a long time. I wasn't even worried about seeing her the Louis and Stella's party. My nervousness was all about Harry. I only now noticed Lia hadn't gone.

Chloe opened the door for us and we stepped inside. Just as I step into the living room, I see Jess chilling on the couch playing with Toby.

" there's my favorite god daughter" she smiled as she saw Roy in my arms.

" she's sleeping" I whispered with a smile.

Jess had a habit of just stopping in without any warning. One day she would be in China and the next day she would be in your living room without a single warning. She liked surprising me that way. I enjoyed it though. It was fresh.

" since when is Roy too tired for me?" Jess teased.

As if on cue, Roy groaned seeking Jess' attention.

All three of us laughed. So Jess took Roy from my arms and took her into her own bedroom. I knew Jess would spend at least the next hour with Roy in her room. That was a typical night when Jess would show up. Roy loved having Jess around. Roy loved the gifts and stories that came along with her. The stories would either come from her crazy modeling jobs or stories from the different cultures she visited.

When it came to telling stories to kids, Jess was the queen of it.

I took the opportunity and gave Chloe the night off. I knew she probably just wanted to explore New York a little bit. She was new to the city, I could just imagine her excitement. So after Chloe left, I drifted off into my own bedroom. I took my time with my shower.

By the time I made it back into my kitchen, Jess already a bottle of wine opened on top on the kitchen counter.

" so tell me everything" she said with a soft smile.

Without any hesitation, everything that had happened during the span of this day was told to her. I never kept anything from her, even if Harry was her brother. It didn't feel that way when I talked to her. She never took sides, which I loved about her. I told her about how Roy held onto his hand and how it looked so right. I told her about our little encounter in the house living room. Then I went on to tell her about little Kian wanting to play with Roy again.

" I'm not strong enough to be around him, Jess" I confessed.

" you don't have to be. You have me here, Liam and don't forget about Nathan" Jess said as she tried to comfort me.

" I just don't understand how Harry can suddenly want to talk to me. After that night where he left me, all he did was ignore me. He didn't even give me the opportunity to tell him the truth about Roy. Now he prompts a play date with the kids? It's so confusing." I said before gulping down another sip of wine.

" well now that he's single, I don't blame him" Jess shrugged.

" what?" I gasped.

I stared at her in shock. Rumors about Harry and Lia splitting up had been going around ever since they had gotten back together. Rumors seemed a part of their relationship. The media loved making stuff up so it was hard to trust any rumor. To to hear this coming from Jess, it made it all true.

" what do you mean, Jess?" I asked again after a few seconds of her not responding.

" you asked me not to tell you anything about his life, Cailin" she warned.

" like it matters anymore! Spill!" I nearly shouted only hush myself with Roy in the other room.

As Jess told me everything Harry had told her, I stared at her in shock.

~

Another short chapter but there is a lot more to come!

There are a lot of un-answered questions which is exciting lol

so tell me what you guys are thinking of the story so far

ps. next chapter will be in Lia's POV