Chapter 36 - " Don't let her go"

Harry's POV

I place the car in park happy to see that the lights are still on in the house. I look in the back seat to see Kian with a frown and Roy passed out in her car seat. Flashing my lights at the house I know Kian is already upset about going home.

I jog around the car to open Kian's door.

" I wanna stay another night" Kian whines.

" I know, but Roy's going home to her mum too" I tell him as I unbuckle his seat belt.

I look over at the front door to see Lia walking over.

" See, your mum looks so happy to see you" I whisper to him. " Didn't you miss her too?"

" Yeah..." he nods.

With his seat belt off, Kian jumps up and wraps his arms around my neck. I hold onto him bringing him out of the car. I've kiss his head multiple times by the time Lia reaches us.

" Looks like you boys had a good weekend" Lia smiles.

" The best momma!" Kian greets her with the widest smile. " Roy was with us too!"

Kian reaches over and I place him on her. He gives her with a warm hug as she breathes him in.

" I'm so happy you all had a good time" she says. 

Lia glances over at me before looking at our son again.

" How about you pick out a book for me to read tonight" she tells him. His eyes sparkles as she places him down on the ground. " It better be a good one"

He takes the challenge and runs into the house waving goodbye to me. A laugh escapes my lips before I look in the car again checking on Roy.

" He's having such an easy transition with all of it" Lia says.

" Yeah" I nod. " They get on so well, I swear they forget I'm even around sometimes"

Lia laughs.

" How have you been? Since the announcement, I mean" I ask her leaning myself up against the car.

" I've been focusing on the positive. His sister makes him happy, the happiest I've ever seen him" she gives me a smile. " I won't let any of the horrific comments change my view of having Roy in his life."

Somehow Lia's been the one being dragged online. She's been placed as the villian of the story, never my intention. But Lia's never complained about it to me, not once. Like me, she just wants Kian to be happy.

" I think the seperation was a lot for him, no matter how much we tried to make things seems normal. He knew things had changed" Lia explains.

" Roy was like the sun coming out, for both of us" I chuckle taking a look down at the sleeping sun drooling over herself.

Lia takes a peak inside the car as well and lets out a small laugh.

" Are you going to the wedding next weekend?" she asks standing back up straight.

" Yeah" I nod.

" Are you going to stop the wedding?"

" What?" I ask taken back by the question.

Lia takes a deep breath shaking her head. She licks her lips trying to find the right words. Maybe the words I've refused to admit this entire time.

" You love her. You've loved her since you met her. The last time you let her became one of your darkest time. I know, I was there. Don't do this to yourself again. You deserve to get your happiness" she tells me.