Theseus Scamander x reader ~ "I got you a Christmas sweater!"

Prompt: "I got you a Christmas sweater!"

Theseus Scamander loved the holidays. He loved decorating the tree, wrapping the presents, listening to Christmas music, even baring the cold to look at Christmas lights. The one thing he dreaded every year was the staff Christmas party at the Ministry. The largest, most anticipated gathering of year, said to be an event for respectable adults.

Of course, Theseus always looked forward to standing off in the corner with you, having a decent conversation. You always knew how to make him laugh, whether you were trying to or not, but he enjoyed time with you.

That's why when you stopped by his office the day before the Christmas party, he was pleasantly surprised.

"I got you a Christmas sweater!" You beamed up at him, holding out the ridiculously decorated piece of clothing. The front had a picture of a fireplace knitted into the middle, and stockings were sewn to the top of the hearth. There was tinsel all around the neck and strands of lights wound around the sleeves.

"What the hell is that?" Theseus's utter look of disgust caused you to laugh.

You punched his shoulder as you pushed past him into his apartment. "It's an ugly sweater. For the Christmas party."

"I'm not wearing that," he declared.

You pouted at him. "Why not? I'm wearing one!" Theseus knew you weren't actually upset. You knew it was easy to guilt-trip him into something he didn't want. When you turned your eyes on him, he all but melted at the sight.

"Fine, I'll wear it. But on one condition." Your eyebrows rose at him. "I get to kiss you under the mistletoe." He smirked at you.

Your head tilted but you slowly nodded. "You've got yourself a deal, Scamander."