Alexis stirred around in her bed as she felt small kisses being placed all over her face and neck. She turned her head and tried to roll onto her side, but her body was weighted down by something - someone rather. 

"Roman stop, please." She whined and tried to push her away. "Bae seriously. You had me up all night, I'm tired and I'm sore. Let me rest!"

"We're supposed to go out today. Come on sexy, I know a strong woman like yourself can handle a little limp."

"I'm not about to be outside looking like a penguin." She replied dryly.

"But you'd be one smoking hot penguin."

Her eyes shot open and a hard mug formed on her face. Roman stared down at her, noticing her face change. Immediately he busted out laughing. 

"You're not funny, but if you want to go out then get up off me."

His eyes lit up. "So we're going?"

"If you get off me, yeah."

Roman chuckled but removed his body from the top of hers. He sat on the edge of the bed for a few seconds, admiring the natural beauty he had been shacked up with for the last few days before standing to his feet and running his hands through his curls. Alexis lay still and watched Roman silently. He was truly like no other man she'd met before and being with him brought so much joy to her. 

"Quit looking at me like that or I'll do what I did to you last night again and you won't be walking at all."

She quickly diverted her eyes from his body and focused on getting herself up. She pulled the covers back and stood to her feet next to Roman but as soon as she took her first step her legs turned to jelly and she felt her self falling. 

"Damn." Roman laughed as he caught her in his arms. "I did put in work, huh?"

"Ugh shut up and let me be so I can get ready."

He helped her back onto her feet again and stepped back to let her continue attempting to get ready for their day out, though deep down he knew that wouldn't be happening, especially from the way she was walking. Lex stepped forward but again, she felt herself collapsing. Roman had certainly put in work again. He was quick to catch her but this time lifted her off the ground and carried her into the bathroom before sitting her on the counter top. He then went over to the bath and started filling it up with warm water and bath salts. 

"Bae, what are you doing?"

"I'm going to run this bath for you, then I'm going to make you something to eat and we'll stay here and chill for the day."

"But you wanted to take me out today."

"And I'll just bring the date to you." He said seriously and pecked her lips. "I'm not letting you go out when you're obviously in pain and can't even walk without falling."

_ _ _

"Alexis!"

I snapped out of my daze to see Devonte standing with the car door open waiting for me to get out. Standing behind him on the sidewalk in front of the door to the church was Elena, her brothers, Gianna, Andre and Black. I blinked my tears away and grabbed my purse. 

"Are you okay chunky?"

"I'm fine." I said quickly, continuing to blink away my tears. "Lets just get in there please."

In reality I'm far from fine. Being here at this church just solidifies the fact that Roman really isn't here and this isn't just some bad dream that I will wake up from tomorrow.