【Chapter 46】

Is this what death feels like? It's actually quite peaceful.

   "Y/N," a voice called out to me. A voice I had grown so used to for the last 50 days. A voice that gave me the reassurance that I was never going to be alone.

   Did she come with me to the afterlife?

   "Scar?"

   It was dark here, so I wasn't able to tell if my Stand was beside me physically, but I could sense her presence.

   "Your time is not up," she said.

   "What do you mean? I'm dead, aren't I?" I asked.

   "No. You're not dead yet. Right now, you're sitting between life and death. But it's not your time. I am here to bring you back."

   "Are you reversing my death or something? Is that why you're here?"

   "Unfortunately, my abilities do have limits, and reversing your own death surpasses these limits."

   "Then why are you here to bring me back? I've fulfilled my duty."

   "Not quite. There are two men waiting for you. Hoping that you haven't met your end. Open your eyes and see for yourself."

   "Open my eyes?"

The sound of beeping filled my ears, and I felt like there was something on my face. I slowly cracked open my eyes and was greeted with a harsh white light.

   "Jotaro! She's waking up!" I heard Nori say.

   "Is she?" Jotaro grunted.

   I blinked a couple of times to allow my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the place I was in. I glanced around and saw that I was wired up to various monitors and drips. My gaze shifted down to see what was on my face to see I was hooked up to an oxygen mask.

   Some movement caught my eye, and I was immediately attracted to it. My eyes travelled up a green uniform and landed on the face of the man I had grown to love. Nori.

   "Morning, sleepyhead." He smiled softly down at me.

   "Nori." My voice was muffled by the oxygen mask. I reached up to remove it, but Nori placed his hand over mine to keep the mask in place.

   "Keep this on. It's helping you breathe," he instructed.

   "Where am I? What happened?" I looked around the room until I saw Jotaro stood at the edge of the room with his hands in his pockets.

   "Jotaro." I smiled softly at him. Upon hearing his name, the delinquent pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on and walked over to the other side of the bed.

   "What's going on?" I asked again as Jotaro took my hand and brushed his thumb over my knuckles whilst Nori stroked my hair.

   "You're in the hospital, Y/N," Nori said softly.

   "Why? What happened?" I asked.

   "You can't remember?" Jotaro raised an eyebrow.

   I shook my head in response. "I don't think I do."

   "You killed DIO. You got badly injured in the process though, and then you used Scarlet Phantom to land the final blow which pushed you to your limit," the delinquent explained.

   "I killed DIO? DIO's dead?" I repeated with wide eyes.

   "You certainly did." Nori chuckled, then added, "Jotaro said you were such a badass."