17

Cade's POV
----------------

5 Weeks Later

The past few weeks with Anna had been amazing, any possible threats had been taken care of and we finally had settled in to the house.

My mother had been asking about Anna since the deal was off, yet I had kept her around. The women wanted to meet Anna and I wasn't to keen on the idea. Anna was going to stay as far away from my parents as humanly possible.

Anna broke me from my thoughts by jumping onto my back, "Heyyyy let's go get some chowder, I'm hungry" I loved the sound of her voice. "Ok are we walking or driving" I pulled her onto my lap so I could see her face. "Walk, it's nice outside" she ran her fingers through my hair, "And when have you been outside today?" "I was on the rooftop the whole morning doing homework"

Oh I did mention Anna is also continuing her degree online

"Ok let's go then Collins" She grinned before taking my hand and pulling me out of the house and down the sidewalk. We made it to our favorite Clam Chowder place that overlooks the ocean. I ordered our food as Anna found us a spot to sit.

"Update, there are so tables so we get to sit on the stairs!" she playfully punches my arm and grabbed her bowl out of my hand and ran to the dirty city stairs. I took the spot next to her as we ate.

"Godbless Al's clam chowder" she said while shoving another spoonful into her mouth. I laughed at her behavior and just watched her for a moment. She was stunning.

Anna was everything I ever wanted.

Anna's POV
----------------
"We should we do the rest of the day?" I asked Cade while he threw away our trash. "I don't know, we could go home and hang out or we could walk around the city for awhile" he said putting his arm around my shoulders, something he seems to do a lot when we are out. "Let's walk around, I heard a new bakery opened up on Chestnut" I said playing with his hand. "Then lets heard over to Chestnut" Cade said as he intertwined our hands together.

We talked the whole walk about the future and funny stories from out time apart. After we moved into the town house, I stopped feeling such bad anxiety over Cade leaving me alone. Having the safe room, guards, and being in the city helps a lot. I even got to leave the house as long as I had a bodyguard with me, I made friends and learned this part of the city. Our life together was becoming everything I hoped for.

After a 10 minute walk we made it to the bakery, Cade opened the door and I walked in, then my stomach dropped. I turned to Cade wide eyed, "He's here" I whispered to him. "Who's here my love?" he stepped closer to me, "Brian, back corner with the blonde" He looked up and saw him. He jaw clenched and his fists were balled so hard his knuckles were white. "Do you know that girl he is with" He said moving us to a table on the opposite side of the restaurant. I looked back over and felt tears well in my eyes, Hannah. My best friend, excuse me, old best friend was sitting across my Brian. Were they on a date? "Yeah, that used to be my friend. We can leave and just go home, its fine. We can do this next weekend" I started to drag Cade out of the Bakery.

Then I felt his hand on my shoulder, "Hey Anna! It's been awhile" I looked over at Brian. How dare he come talk to me like this especially after the last night we saw eachother, when murder was on his mind. I backed behind Cade and held onto his arm, "Don't touch my girl" Cade said with a threatening tone. Brian looked up at Cade in horror, "Really Anna? This asshole?" I didn't say anything to him, I just hid further behind Cade to let him take care of this. "I might be an asshole, but at least I don't hit her and cheat on her" Cade retorted. "Know what, I'm done here. Hannah, lets go." Hannah walked by me and just glared, like I was the villain. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't here.