Father like Son

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Helping Jōichirō cook for everyone felt weird yet normal, I just somehow did as he needed and always had the ingredients prepped before he would need them. Soon enough, all the good looking dishes were served and I went to the corner where I could play games quietly before Jōichirō noticed and pulled me to the table to make me eat. They looked good so I hoped I could taste them. I could feel Jōichirō's eyes gaze down upon my tired figure with eagerness so I grabbed some food and bit into it.

It had quite a bit of taste, nothing like normal food before my taste buds got fucked it. In fact, it didn't taste close to normal food but it was better than anyone else could which made me feel bad about thinking that way since my parents put love into their food. It was the most I was going to get if I didn't do it myself. I was so happy with that though and didn't realise I managed to finish the bowl. It was a small portion but I enjoyed it. I was really happy even though I didn't really express it.

"Hōntoni oishi desu yo" I muttered.

"Can you even taste it?" Jōichirō asked

"A bit more than I could before but I'm happy"

I felt Jōichirō hug me tightly to hide my face from prying eyes

"I promise you'll be able to eat some really delicious food again someday. Maybe Souma can do it" Jōichirō said into my ear.

The next few minutes felt like forever before I rushed up to my dorm room and closing the door. I felt slightly embarrassed for making a scene in front of everyone. I stayed there for the rest of the night and even could hear Jōichiro coming to my room and knocking on the door. He basically tore down my door before taking off his shoes and making himself comfortable on my bed. I reached out to him and hugged like like a son seeking warmth from his father.

I bet my father would cry and think he was being replaced. I smiled a bit at that before urging Jōichirō to go to his room. We took a selfie together so I could send it to my parents and true enough, my dad thought he was being replaced. Jōichirō had a field day at the response before leaving the room. I fell asleep that night peacefully and somehow woke up to Sakaki and Yuki cuddling me in their sleep. My reaction was one of high confusion but I left quickly and let them continue cuddling each other.

Quietly, I headed to the kitchen as the lights were on in this otherwise dark dormitory, the only light from the soft moonlight that was further filtered by the endless leaves outside, clinging to the branches. I peeped my head around a corner and saw Jōichirō challenge Souma to a cooking battle. I watched and noticed the deadly sharp and piercing aura radiating from Jōichirō. This lead to the cook off with the theme that was refreshing yet nourishing but not fully filling. Megumi, Isshiki and Fumio were the judges.

Sadly, Souma lost to his father resulting in his 490th lost which I found cute for Souma. Speaking of which, I realised I'm catching a bit of feelings for him but it's very hard to tell him with his denseness. I wasn't sure either if my feelings were fleeting or real just like with Hayama. I smiled and went back to my room which was now empty before going back to sleep. I slept peacefully and the next time I woke up, it was because Jōichirō dragged me along to escort him off.

In the end, Jōichiro left with his parting words. I heaved and began walking back with a sigh before noticing Erina standing on the road with a limousine next to her. I was confused and saw her running to me asking if what she had seen was true. Her arms were tightly holding the sleeves of my jacket but Hisako came to us before I could answer. I got a ride back from her thankfully while I tried to give her an answer. It was hard to since Hisako had to inform her of all her meetings which sounded so boring.

-

The next few days became weeks and the selection was already here. I wasn't in it so I stayed in the room with Erina to watch all the contestants cooking. The theme was spices which was a big plus for Hayama. It was split into two Halls, A and B. I believe Ryo, Sakaki, Souma,and Hayama were in the first while Megumi, Yuki, Takumi, Hisako, Alice and Isami were in the second. It was intense seeing so many people cook so I went to Hall B to watch and stumbled upon Megumi finally gathering the courage to cut the goosefish in front of everyone very skilfully.

It's funny how she went from a nervous wreck to serious so soon but I found it inspiring. The was she bravely got that knife and how skilled her hands were slicing that fish.I hope they all got into the finals. I went over to Souma's side to see the commotion by leaving the room and I did smell two light smells of fragrance. Weird.  I wonder where it came from so I turned to try and find the source but couldn't since it was quite weak. Instead, I looked to where everyone else was looking and true enough Hayama and Souma were having a stand off with dishes.

"Oh, guess it's them"

A/N: Thank you for reading! Sorry this took a long while! Anyways happy happy holidays:)