Isshiki Satoshi

[Ishiki Satoshi] P.O.V

My eyes analysed the Soma's friend. He seemed pretty bland. Nothing stood out. He had dull (H/C) hair and slightly duller (E/C) eyes even though he seemed happy. His way of talking was slightly different from most people but he still didn't stand out. Pretty dull. I decided to serve (M/N) one of my dishes and expected him to react with joy. Even Soma did. It was the same dish I had served earlier in the morning which amazed everyone. I was the seventh seat for a reason. I had a small smile on my face. He grabbed the spoon and grabbed a small portion of the food before putting it in his mouth.

No reaction.

"Oh, this tastes nice" (M/N) plainly said.

"Just nice?! Ishiki senpai's food is amazing!" Yuki yelled stealing the plate from (M/N) and eating it for (M/N)

"I bet it must be very delicious." (M/N) laughed standing up.

The small smile on his face wasn't full of malice at all. It was plain with those dull eyes. I wondered briefly if he could light up when he was happy. My eyes stared with mild shock at his boring yet shocking reaction. (M/N) bid everyone farewell before leaving on his bike while I still stood there thinking about his reaction. I turned to Soma who grinned at me before giving the explanation that I needed.

"It's not your fault senpai. (M/N) doesn't taste that well." Soma informed

How fitting. (M/N) taste buds were dull too. I had no idea how he would survive in the school but I was definitely interested now. Soma and Megumi left soon after to school before Shun came out onto the veranda with me. He knew I didn't give it my all. I wonder of (M/N) could brighten up if he tasted my food when I got serious. Shun left to school while I left to the gardens.

"(M/N) (L/N) huh? That sounds familiar... Where have I heard it? Oh wait, he's the guy staying with Nakiri."

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"Another A. Good job, the flavour is so strong"

"Thank you"

That was last class of the day. I was exhausted of cooking the whole day. I missed deserts. Maybe I would make some when I got back. I felt myself getting hot but I chalked it up to exhaustion and made sure to drink a lot of water. Hayama Akira watched me before putting a plate down infront of me. Briyani rice? It smelled faintly good with the golden colour. He asked me to try a bite and I did. I took a spoon with some tender soft lamb meat before putting it in my mouth. If was hot so I huffed, hoping the food would not be hot in my mouth before chewing and eating it. I still didn't taste much but better than yesterday.

"How is it? Can you taste anything else?"

"... I'm sorry"

"No difference?"

"There is but it's barely noticeable but it's better than yesterday."

"I see. I'll make it better then."

"You don't have to. I just can't really taste not smell and I'm sure everyone else would kill to eat this."

Hayama didn't seem to care about the opinion of others and rather just my own. I felt guilty even if he did this willingly. I put down my cutlery and decided to make something for Hayama since we still had an hour in this class. I grabbed my white apron and put it on before getting started on my briyani. I was going to show Hayama a bit of what I could do. Don't reveal all one's tricks but enough to realise that I was to not be taken lightly. I grabbed the lamb and slicing it against the grain before chopping up herbs and adding it with some sauce. I rubbed in salt into the lamb before grabbing a bowl of uncooked rice and cleaning it three times.

I put a few herbs in the cooking pit with the rice before cooking it while I let the lamb marinate. Halfway through the rice, I began cooking the lamb by putting it in the oven first before putting it into the pan and using the reverse sear method. I basted the lamb in butter too before carving it up into small chunks and putting it with the rice. I pite the excess oil over the rice and put it in the oven to keep it warm and infuse the spices further. I also prepared a spicy sauce by infusing it with spices. I prepared a sour cream sauce to cool the mouth afterwards. I plated and served the food towards Hayama. I could smell my own food so it was good. He sat down and took a bite. His face was red which looked good against his dark skin. Pretty. I was nervous to hear what he would say so I decided to leave.

"Sorry, I'll be taking my leave now."

"Tell me how it was next time. Bye bye"

I left afterwards after leaving a few plates for other students. They thanked me for it before digging in. I had to leave so I didn't see them orgasm.... That was so weird and I didn't want to see that happen. I went to find Soma and he had to come and find me. He somehow managed to find me on our phone call. He dragged me and Megumi to the Don Rs since he wanted to check it out. I was more interested in my games so I didn't pay that much attention inside the room. I only noticed the books lying around after I looked up when Soma called my name. I blinked as he shoved some books into my hand, nearly dropping my phone before asking me to look for some recipes.

Sighing, I put the books to the side and picked up the rest before a pretty dark skinned girl with blonde hair came in. I continued collecting the books while the lady intimidated the leader before Soma stepped in. Soma was annoyed at her thinking that the dishes price was a sign of it's taste. I agreed with Soma. Before I lost most of taste and smell, I used to prefer the street food in other places compared to high-end restaurant most of the time. I didn't partake in the conversation since I didn't want to deal with social interaction. Just not today. Ishiki Satoshi was plenty with the rest of Soma's friends.

"Aren't you Erina's brother?"

"Pfffft- what no. Do you need glasses?"

A/N: Thanks for reading! I hope you liked the chapter and character building with Hayama. Erina probably bragged in secret about (M/N). She's proud of (M/N). You can see the smallest hint of (M/N)'s poor health is you squint.

 You can see the smallest hint of (M/N)'s poor health is you squint