Battle of Curry

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Leaning on the railing, I watched eagerly from the screen what Hayama and Souma were doing. I watched them complete their dishes before the judges began taste testing all the dishes. I felt bad for seeing so many people get low scores but we go to a culinary school so this is bound to happen. I let out an oof when the third highest was 19 points. The highest currently was 25 followed by 22 points. Then, I saw Kurokiba Ryo stepping up to serve his dish. It was a pretty lobster dish. The judges tasted it and the main one said she might even give it some points with a slightly blushing face.

Suddenly, Kurokiba put on a bandana and his personality changed. It was amusing to see such a personality flip. He told them to use the droppers he prepared on the lobster head and to slurp it. The main judge was repulsed by it but gave in quickly. He ended up with a whopping 93 points. Ikumi Mito followed up with a don that looked appealing. She scored 86 points which amazed me. Sakaki was up next and her dish wasn't the most visually pleasing but it had a different sticky texture when the judges took a spoon and picked up the curry. Charcoal fire- fermented Natto. Interesting.

However, the true star was the soy sauce Kouji. It didn't lose the strong curry flavor according to the judges but enhanced it. She got 86 points too before Zenji Marui went up to present his dish. He made a white potage curry udon. It looked quite calming in a sense. A contrast to Kurokiba. The judges called him a walking favourite dictionary. He scored 88 points. Shun Ibusaki was next and his dish was all smoked even the salt. The prince of smoke. He scored 88 points too. Hayama was next. He gave one of his dishes too but I noticed an extra left on the serving tray after giving it out to the judges.

The main judge began asking him to become hers after trying the dish but he must've said something that rejected her since her face was discontented. The cameras couldn't pick up on that. It was a subtle aroma bomb that I could barely pick up on. His dish was given 94 points. Souma was next. He gave a dish to Hayama before cutting it open an releasing another mild aroma bomb. He combined a risotto and omelette from when he nearly failed at the training camp and from his lost against his father. It was inspiring.

He scored 93 points but most of the judges except one gave him 19 points with the other being 18 points. Meanwhile, Hayama had received 18 points with one being 20 points. In a Shokugeki, Souma would win. The final student received 91 points. It was concluded. I met up with Erina and had a little chat with her before going to meet up with Hayama. I congratulated him and he thanked me with a slight smile. I moved aside so Jun could hug him. Honestly, nearly thought he died from the death hug. It was cute. Hayama told me to taste his dish and critique it so I dug in. He told me to give it a score out of 20.

"Uh. I don't want to hurt your feelings." I mumbled

"I should be fine" Hayama brushed off

"This is the best dish you've done so far, 9 points out of 20" I praised

"That's much higher than before, usually you give a 4" Hayama pointed out.

Nodding my head, I continued eating it because I was hungry and finished it. Jun then realised that and pointed out that I was the boy they met during summer holidays. She bowed profusely while thanking me and I bowed in return albeit more of a confused one. She grabbed my hands as she nervously told me to take care if Hayama but he began arguing back with her using facts. He reminded her that he was the one who remembered to water the plants when she forgot. He even told her that we weren't dating yet. This made Jun give up while I turned to properly look at Jun.

"It's alright. I know how Hayama feels about me. We're both waiting. To see if the feelings will fizzle out. We're not sure how we both actually feel" I explained

"What if they're still there?" Jun asked

"Easy. Just start dating. If there is no one else we want. Right Hayama?" I asked for confirmation

"Precisely, it'll be a while since I'm still taking care of Jun" Hayama stated before Jun angrily pounded in his back.

Soon after, I waved them goodbye and parted ways so I could head back to the Polar Star Dormitory with Souma and even ate a bit of his dish on the way. He looked excited until I gave him a rating of 8 only out of 20, crushing him. I wish I brought my bike. Walking was a pain. Souma suddenly wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I turned to look at him confused. I asked him what he wanted and his reply was to only hold me for a little bit. I mentioned that he sometimes creeps into my room for cuddles at night which Souma argued that cuddles felt good. We walked back to the dorm like that.

When we got back, there was a party waiting.

A/N: Thanks for reading! Anyways, hope you liked this chapter, I'm glad one of the love interest is open about their feelings and more will join. If only Souma wasn't so dense. Bye!
Remember to stay safe :)

Ps, I actually had a scene where Souma confessed but removed it because it didn't match up with his development in the story.