Chapter 27: A new beginning

(Regulus's view)

I woke the next morning to find Sirius in the living room laying on the couch with Luci in his arms watching television.

"Good morning, you two." I said, as I grabbed my coffee and sat down next to them.

"Morning," Sirius greeted, as I handed him his breakfast.

"Did you sleep?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"No, Luci woke up in the middle of the night so I got up and sat with her for a little while." he said, before giving a loud yawn and rubbing his eyes causing me to chuckle.

"You go rest, and I'll keep an eye on our little star." I said, and he smiled gratefully before heading back to the bedroom and closing the door.

I turned to my daughter and scooped her up before laying down on the couch again.

"You mean a lot to me darling." I told her as I held her close to me.

"I know you can't speak yet, but I want you to know that you are loved." I told her before tapping her lightly on the nose with my fingertip.

"You come from a very powerful bloodline my love, and I couldn't be happier to have you in my life." I said, as I stroked her soft hair.

"I will always be with you, and so will your mother and uncle." I promised as I held her against my chest.

"I know you will do great things, my little star." i told her, as I placed the necklace I had given to Roxy once around her neck.