Chapter 20: A horrifying decision

(Regulus's view)

I shared a worried look with Dimitry as we walked through the grounds in search of Roxy who hadn't shown up at breakfast this morning.

"Where do you think she is?" I asked, then my eyes widened in realization.

"The baby!" I exclaimed, before sprinting down the corridor towards the hospital wing with Dimitry by my side.

"Regulus, slow down!" he cried, grabbing my arm as soon as we reached the hospital-wing.

"Roxy?" I asked, as we entered and sat down next to the bed. "Hi sweetie," she said, as she smiled up at us brightly.

"Can I get you anything?" I asked, and she shook her head with a smile.

"No, but you could say hello to your daughter." she said, as she pulled back the blankets to reveal the baby underneath.

"Lucy," I whispered as I picked the baby up and held her close to me.

"She's beautiful." Dimitry said, as the three of us looked at the small bundle of blankets in my arms.

"She really is." I said, as I kissed her tiny cheek.

"Who's going to be the godfather?" Dimitry asked, as he smiled down at little Lucy in my arms.

"You are." I said, and his eyes eyes widened in delight. 

"What?! thank you!" he exclaimed, as he carefully took Lucy from me with a smile.

"Hi Lucy," he said, as he smiled down at her in wonder.

"She's so cute." he said, as he smiled down at her again before handing her back to me.

"I know, right?" I asked, as I handed her back to Roxy.

"This is great, but how will we tell Sirius?" I asked, as I sat next to Roxy on the bed with Luci in my arms. "We won't," Roxy said before turning to me with a sad smile.

"Regulus, listen to me, I'm leaving tonight to do something." she said, as she hugged me softly before hugging Dimitry the same way.

"Alright, but be very careful." I said, as I kissed her on the forehead.

"I will." she said, as she glanced down at the dark mark on her arm.

"How long, Roxy?" I asked, as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"HOW LONG DID YOU PLAN ON HIDING THAT FROM ME?!" I yelled, as I glared at her angrily.

"I-I didn't want to tell you, I thought I was protecting you by not telling you." she replied, as she reached for my hand.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't realize how much this would hurt you." she said, as she hugged me tightly.

"I forgive you," I whispered, before leaning in and pressing my lips to hers in a kiss.

"Thank you," she said, before handing Luci to me.

"Thanks love." she said, as she wrapped an arm around me as we looked down at the little baby in my arms with a smile.

"Let's leave, you me Lucy and Dimitry." she said, and I nodded.

"Dimitry, wake up." Roxy said, as she touched his shoulder with a hand causing him to blink up at her sleepily.

"What?" he asked, as he rubbed his sleepy eyes.

"We have to go, come on." I said, as I handed him Lucy.

"Okay," he said, as the three of us disapparated away from hogwarts to Roxy's childhood home.