Chapter 6: Who the Hell is This Dude?!

You flew through the sky, laughing from the adrenaline, so were Willow and Autumn. You flew on your back, hands rested behind your head, (Imma smooooth dude...I forgot some of y'all don't have TikTok...ANYWAYS). As the three of you passed the city, you spotted two teenagers at the bus stop. One Blasian dude and a Hispanic girl, you could feel the energy, but they weren't talking.

'This is a good one,' you thought. "Aye, I'll catch up with you guys, I've gotta do my job real quick. Don't wait up!" They both nodded giving you a thumbs up and kept flying straight as you flew down, landing on a tree. You closed your eyes holding out your arm, "come to me." In less than a second, the bow n' arrow flew into you hand. "New record, nice." You put 2 heart pointed arrows on the bow, aimed, and let go.

They hit both of them at the same time. "Yes!" You celebrated. No matter how many times you've done that and not missed, you were always happy when it hit. The girl walked up to the boy and started a conversation, you weren't sure what it was about, all that matters is that they're talking.

"Bye bye," you whispered softly at the bow n' arrow which flew back to the cottage on its own. You adjusted your fur coat before flying back up into the air.

***
Jack's Second pov

Earlier

"Cmon Jack! It'll be fun, everyone's going to the Halloween party!" Tooth said, holding his hands. He pulled away. "Yeah, everyone but me. I'm not really in the mood today, I'd rather do...anything else," he protested. The Fairy rolled her eyes.

"I thought you were snowballs and fun times," the Easter Bunny pointed out, fidgeting with his boomerangs. "I am, I just-" "Well you aren't really acting like it Jack," Tooth hummed, cutting him off. He furrowed his eyebrows frustrated, "Guys."

"We just want you to have fun mate, and not just with kids and snowball fights," Aster shrugged. Jack looked at the ground exhaling. "You know what, sure," he finally said after a few seconds of silence, "It's not like I have anything better to do today...so why not? Why not go with a crowd of people when I want to be alone?!"

"That's the spirit!" The Tooth Fairy said clearly missing the pale boy's sarcasm. He facepalmed as Tooth dragged him away. The bunny just smirked, he understood the sarcasm unlike his colleague. Jack looked back at Aster frowning who winked in response.

'Ughhhhhhhhh, sometimes I wish guardians were the ones that didn't see me.'

***

You landed gracefully and dusted your coat off, fixing it. A huge abandoned barn? In the middle of the woods...mhm not creepy at all. You heard loud music, and a fuck ton of people in there. You saw rainbow flashing lights from the crack of the barn's wood.

You take a deep breath, fixing yourself. "Calm down Cupid, your first party with every mythical creature that's lived. You're the newest one, that's fine, that's alright, you're totally great! Okay, leap of faith," you whispered to yourself. Squinting, you pushed the door open before you could think again.

You gently opened your eyes slowly walking into the party, nobody stared at you, they were just vibing. You bobbed your head to the music walking closer to the stage. The barn was bigger than you could imagine, seriously, how was a barn that huge? You looked at the people playing music...Autumn? Willow?

"There you are kid, took you long enough!" The witch said winking at you. "You wanna sing for us?!" Your face heated up, "Uh, nah nah nah, I'm good," you shook your hands. Willow smiled sweetly as she played the guitar, "Oh cmon sweetheart, it'll be great, I've heard you singing in your room. It's beautiful!" Your face was super red now, "Uh-" Willow shoved the mic in your phone before you could respond.

Autumn laughed as you froze. "You got this," Willow mouthed. You took a deep breath as the two stopped playing. Silence filled the room as confusion blossomed. You heard murmuring:

"Is that the new mythical being?"

"She's so...young."

"She's stunning."

"Wow."

"She's new at her job."

"What do you think her human life was like to get a job like that?"

Jack was standing in a corner, throwing a snowball up and down. He wasn't interested in what was going on, so he only glanced up once. He was way in the corner and your face was blurry from were he stood, so he shrugged looking back down.

You closed your eyes while Willow started playing a song too familiar on the guitar.

"Feels like I'm not where I'm where I'm supposed to be."

You walked slowly up the stage as everyone followed their gaze on you.

"I don't fit in with these familiar faces."

You gently tap the handle of your microphone to the beat.

"And the games they play don't mean a thing to me...I know there's so much much more."

The couple began to build the beat.

"I can't stop dreaming, and thinking, maybe I could be someone different, more than a yearbook memory. If I leave this, I'm risking almost everything
Am I on the right road?"

The three of you exchanged glances before dropping the beat.

"Out of the old, I've gotta find my way."

You danced and spun around.

"Into the new give anything it takes. I wanna know if no one knew my name, would my wildest dreams feel like home?"

You got more comfortable with everyone looking at you because now they weren't silent. They were cheering and dancing along to the song.

"If I go out of the old"

(Eh-oh, eh-oh)

They sang along with you.

"And into the new"

(Eh-oh, eh-oh)

"Out of the old" (Eh-oh, eh-oh)

"And into the new"

You spread you wings and flew right above the crowds. You heard "ooooo0" and "aaaaaa"s while high fiving the people with your free hand. You passed Jack which made him feel a breeze sensation. He looked up seeing your body flying around the room.

"Out of the old...I wish these streets were still enough for me."

Jack smirked.

"I wish this town could give me everything. But I still feel stopped when every light turns green, why can't I let it go?"

You took off your jacket while flying and let it drop on the stage.

"I can't stop dreaming, and thinking, maybe I could be someone different. More than a yearbook memory. Leaving all this, I'm risking almost everything. But there's only one road...."

'Now this is a party.' The pale boy thought. He raised his hand assuming that you felt alone in the air. You turned around and saw the boy's hand. You smiled and quickly flew to him grabbing his arm and raising him in the air with you.

At this moment, your hair went into your face as Jack and you spun around in the air entertaining everyone. You felt a breeze in the room. 'Jack Frost,' you thought, 'this is him. He's keeping himself up with the wind.' You both laughed holding hands, this felt nice. It was like a warm, or in this case, cool welcome.

You tucked your hair behind your ears with one of your hands looking at the boy.

And when I tell you his eyes WIDENED. His face turned even whiter than it naturally was and he stopped dead in his tracks as if he had just seen a ghost...like whatever he saw was too good to be true.

"Y/n?"

A/n: *evil laugh intensifies* This is gonna be goooooood ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Until next time