Chapter Eighteen: I Saved You

Start from the beginning

"I know what you must think of Aro and Caius, and I know you feel betrayed, and above all angry, but killing them is not the answer, Marcus. You have to know that. You had to know that by telling me, I was never going to let you go through with it," I said reaching for his hand to offer any kind of comfort but he moved himself before I could touch him.

"Didyme was innocent, pure, loving. He killed his own sister, and for what Lillian? To keep me and the gift I held? He could have done many things, but killing the only thing that kept me secure in this world was not the answer, and would never be the answer,"

"You are right, Marcus. I can see how much love you hold for her and even now, but I love him and I refuse to watch you try to kill him. Please, think," I said clutching the chair in my hands.

He looked at me once more with his soft eyes before turning away from me, chuckling to himself to whatever he had found so amusing. This time it was Marcus who reached over to me, grabbing my hands in his, his touch was gentle, with his touch I knew he was still in there, but somehow I knew he was never going to stop. I just hoped I was wrong.

"I had hoped that once I told you the truth you would leave him like you did the first time, but I suppose that was my mistake. Lillian, the feelings I have for you reach many things, but it will never reach the love I had for my departed. I do not know what else Sulpicia told you, and I can only assume it was everything, however, I still intend to go through it all,"

He let go of my hand, standing from his chair as he made his way towards to door. Whether it was to usher me out or leave himself, I didnt know, because as soon as he was beside me I grabbed his hand, staring at his face. His face that held so many emotions, and all were ones that at once I had felt. I understood him so much, and I refused to watch him become destroyed by all of this, but now, I had no other choice.

"You cant go through with it," I said standing to my feet, keeping his hand in mine, "One thing that I failed to mention since I got back is that I had a gift, and that gift is compulsion," I finished watching as he continued to stare at me with open eyes.

"Lillian, what did you do?" he asked letting go of my hand once more.

"I killed her, Marcus, and I compelled Athenadora and Corin to forget"

His eyes instantly darkened with my words and I knew then that he was one hundred percent gone. His hands found themselves to my neck, pinning me against the hard wall. I didnt fight him at all, even with his hard hands that continued to put pressure against my neck. Instead, I lifted my hand to his face because I knew what I had to do. Marcus Volturi, was no longer going to be the friend I once had, he was going to be a mere stranger. I was never going to laugh with him, or even confide with him anymore, but he had to live even if that meant doing this.

I looked down at his eyes, my hand made my way to his face pressing it against his cheek. I was only going to have a second, and I was not going to mess it up. His eyes looked into mine, and I knew then it was time.

"You never went to the tower that day you missed, Didyme, instead you stayed here in your room. You will not remember one thing Sulpicia, Athenadora, or Corin told you. Didyme died tragically, but you have learned to move on. You are happy, the mere memory of her brings you joy, and even though she is gone, you know she is in peace somewhere. Hold that to you closely. You and I are acquainted but we are not close. You hold no romantic feelings for me, only of mutual respect. Finally, you will continue to stay with the Volturi, and live in nothing but peace and happiness, all of which you deserve"

My words finished and with that his hands came loose from my neck. His eyes continued too dilate before he went back to his desk as if I was no longer there. He still seemed to be in a trance of the compulsion that I had just did, and I knew this would be the last time I would ever be in here for a long time. I walked over to him watching as he stared at his papers, I planted a small kiss on his forehead whispering the words,