Chapter Nine: To Late to Be Saved

This chapter is either about to make y'all hate me or make y'all cry, either way comment below how y'all feel about this.

For full effect of this chapter, play Faded by Alan Walker while reading this chapter. It's what I listened to while writing, and it really just brings the chapter together.

Hit that vote button. Enjoy!

——————-

Lillian's POV

I lingered in the hall with Aro ahead of me watching as he opened the door to the room. I walked in going straight to the bathroom locking the door as fast as I could shut it. As soon as the lock clicked I sunk to the floor, wanting to be alone with what I had left. I could hear Aro pacing outside of the room but it soon became quiet when the door slammed, leaving me alone here in the room.

Tears continued to stream down my face as I could not even sleep to be free of this world for even a second. All I could picture was blood, his face, Aro, and a heart in my hand. All those things that will continue to haunt me for the rest of my terrible life. I put my hand to the floors pushing my body off the ground.

With nothing holding me back, I unlocked the door grabbing Aro's cloak wrapping it around me. His familar scent filled my nostrils but I continued to push back the tears as I walked out the door to the garden.

Every time I walk out here some kind of joy fills me but since the other day I have yet to feel anything. Just days ago I had said that my happiness was constant, but I was definitely mistaken. Happiness was not constant but just a glimmer in what can be but will never be.

I walked down the familiar path of flowers doing what I always did. Stroking them with my hand, smelling them, but nothing was giving me the euphoria of what I once felt.

How am I supposed to live knowing I caused his death? I was stupid to think that Aro reading me would just be it, I should have known better. I knew how he is, and I still allowed it. I allowed him to die.

I was to blame! You caused this, you have his blood on your hands, Lillian. I stared down at my hands feeling as if they were still soaked in his blood. My mind wandered to years before when I held my dad. My father would hate me right now. I just killed his nephew, what else would he think of me? Everything is my fault. There was no denying it.

He would have never liked Aro, he would have never let me go near him.  All these things he wouldnt have let me do, and yet I did them. Im the main factor in all of these decisions, and each one he would disapprove of.

There had to be something. Anything.  All I needed was one simple thing or reason to help me forgive him cause I needed him. Oh god, I needed him. It didnt matter about approval cause it was to late, but no matter where this garden would lead me, it wouldnt help me find a reason, but maybe something else could.

I wiped the tears from my face, leaving the garden and making my way to the elevator. If this did not work, then I knew what had to be done, frankly, I have never been so unhappy until this moment. I was trapped in my moutain of thoughts. My dad on one end, but Aro and my pull of him. I needed him like I needed water. I could survive maybe a few days without it, but it was essential for life.

I pushed the elevator waiting impatiently as it stopped opening the doors to where Aro took me weeks before. I took one step in, walking straight to the couch where I made the stupid decision to let him read me.

I will protect you if its the last thing I do, and I will honor you with everything, Lillian.

I shook my head, feeling a burning sensation in my throat as I fought back more tears. Simple, he lied. He didn't protect me, he ruined me.