Chapter Six: Optimistic

I know it's weird that I put the Author's note here, but first I would like to say sorry for taking forever to update, and also that I plan on fitting this book in 20 chapters, and I hope you all continue to enjoy reading as much as I love writing it.

Truly, thank you!!
—————-

Aro's POV

I sat in the throne room with Marcus and Caius at my side, recalling all the events of the night before. However, they were not the memories I wished to be thinking of, our kiss, for instance, it was the image of Lillian being held down. I felt as though it was imprinted in my mind. I knew what I wanted to do, but would Lillian feel the same, I felt in this moment that it was no longer up to her, but it was up to me as the one who is bound to her for life.

"Brothers, what I am about to tell you is quite troubling," I said standing to my feet, turning to face both of them, "Lillian, let me read her -- what I saw was something so heinous, that I now understand why she refused my touch,"

The words I needed to say were refusing to leave my mouth, and as I stared at both of them it became clear the level of the situation.

"It seems that we all have misunderstood, dear Lillian," Caius said watching me intently as I struggled for the words.

"Not only that, brother, but I fear that I can not let this go. My urge to protect Lillian has only grown since she has let me read her -- It feels as if it is consuming me," I spoke looking at the palms of my hands, remembering her warm hold on them.

"Then we must take action," Caius spoke swiftly, earning a stern look from Marcus before he turned back to me.

"How does Lillian feel about you wanting to take action in her past trauma, brother," Marcus asked, already knowing that Lillian had not asked this of me.

"It is not of how she feels, Aro is her soulmate, and as that, he is required to protect Lillian at any cost, even if she does not ask it of him," Caius said cutting off any negative feelings I had begun to feel.

I knew that it was not my place to do this without Lillian, she would have to accompany us, and with that I knew she could not know the circumstance or she would refuse it from the beginning. I felt every ounce of fear she had for that man, and knowing that I could never stop it, how useless I am.

"What do you need of us?" Caius asked

"I have thought of every single way this could play out, but I have come to the conclusion that it needs to be handled one way," I said lightly smirking with the thought in my head.

"Which is?" Marcus whispered.

"The way the Volturi would handle any situation, of course,"

I looked at both of them, while Marcus remained emotionless, Caius on the other hand held the same face of mine, knowing exactly what was going to happen in the days to come.

___

Lillian's POV

I sat beside the window watching the countless strangers enjoying the festivities that Volterra brought, and for once I was feeling their joy. My mind wondered to my first days here, when I envied there freedom, and now I was glad to be right here instead of down there. It only took months and even when it felt like years, but I am beginning to not fight it, and with not fighting means that I can feel everything that I was bound too.

I stood to my feet twirling around Aro's chambers as my happiness began to overtake me, and yet I could not think of a single reason why I could not stay this happy, however, I did not remember the last time I truly felt happiness. My life which was full of emotions yet happiness was never one of them, or at least it was never constant. I would feel it for moments maybe even seconds, but never long periods of time and I knew this feeling, but in a way I was scared it was going to disappear just like everything else that seems to do the same.