🥥 nineteen

minho's mother sat on the chair perpendicular to the couch, where minho himself had just sat down after taking his sister up to bed. he looked over at the woman warily, unsure of what to say, or whether to speak at all. she hadn't said more than two words after getting home, where she hadn't been in what seemed like an eternity.

"mum, why... what's happened?" he asked her, leaning closer in order to make eye contact with her. the woman continued to look down at her fumbling hands, her breath hitching in her throat as she is barely able to control her sobs.

she took a deep breath before looking up at her son. "it's... your father," she started, almost instantly breaking down into tears again. he tilted his head at her; he hadn't heard from him since he went abroad for work a month ago.

"is he okay? did something happen?" minho asked his mother, thinking he'd been hurt or something worse. in the past two years, he hadn't really spoken to his mother much; she would always be working, and she barely spent any time with her kids.

minho's dad, however, was at home a lot more. he helped minho to look after minhee while he finished high school and started college the year before. it meant that minho wouldn't be too distracted while finishing his studies and that he could finish his education and be successful in life. however, his dad left to go abroad for work a month ago.

the woman shook her head, not daring once to look up at her son. she felt so ashamed. it was only know that she had realised that her priorities were more than mixed up. "he's not hurt, but he's... he's not coming back... he never left for business, he just left... he abandoned us."

minho stared at his mother, wide eyed. he walked out on us? that couldn't be possible. he would never do such a thing. minhee was his pride and joy, and he care so much for his daughter. it just didn't add up. and then, it did. the extra luggage, personal items gone... the look... the look of agonising pain and regret that he gave minho before he left.

it all made sense.

hyunjin sat at his desk with his head resting in his hand, the other one tapping impatiently on the desk as he waited for minho to walk in. they had two minutes till the lecture started, and he was never this late.

"hi there," someone said to him, pulling him from his thoughts and causing the blonde to look over at the person that spoke to him. he was tall, and his hair was blonde as well, taking the form of a mullet that really suited him. (i fucking love mullets.) his face was covered in faint freckles and adorned by a smile.

"oh, hey. do i know you?" hyunjin said nervously, not wanting to be rude towards the guy, but he genuinely didn't know who he was and he didn't want to be at the wrong end of it if he was supposed to know who he was.

the freckled boy shook his head. "probably not, but i'm felix, and we're in a group for the final project of the semester, and you looked pretty... zoned out so i thought i would bring you over to the group," he said, speaking some english in amongst his far from perfect korean.

hyunjin looked over at the board, now noticing the list of groups on the board. he was in group 3, with himself, lee felix, myoui mina, shin ryujin and...

lee minho.

this was such a bad chapter

like omfg i know i wrote it at
like three this morning but i
read back through it and oh
my frick frack lord what the
fuck did i write?!!!!????

but yes i'm sorry :)

also stan mullets