🥥 thirteen

hyunjin sat on the couch patiently, having paused the film until minho's return. it gave him some silent time to think of his feelings towards the older male. one thing he knew for sure was that they were definitely there, and he couldn't ignore his heart. not after he'd lost the last person he had claimed to love.

but what were his feelings towards minho? on the one hand, he wanted to shout at him for dragging him to his house, punch him to pay back for the times he had done it to him. but on the other hand, he wanted to hold him, love him, tell him everything was okay. but he knew he couldn't do that.

minho finally emerged through the door, thanking hyunjin for pausing the film and sitting back down in his original seat, hoping that he would just start up the movie again. but the male simply sat still, staring down blankly at the ground.

"hyunjin, are you—"

he didn't know what he was doing, instinct had taken over and he couldn't control. hyunjin threw himself at the male, connecting their lips in a bitter sweet kiss. it took minho a moment to respond, surprised by the sudden action, but wrapped his arms around the younger nonetheless, pulling them both closer together.

the shared the kiss for about a minute, before minho finally pulled away, staring the other in the face. "why... why did you do that?" he asked nervously, his voice shaking as his words came out. he didn't know how to feel about it. he had no control over what had just happened, and it made him feel vulnerable.

"i'm not sure actually," hyunjin said, not daring to make eye contact with minho and instead having a staring contest with the rug on the floor. the boys sat silently for what felt like an eternity, until hyunjin stood up.

"i'm gonna go now," he said hurriedly, making his way towards the door to out his shoes on and grab his bag. however, a firm hand stopped him, holding onto his forearm and stopping him from doing anything else.

minho cleared his throat, feeling the overwhelming tension between themselves. "please don't go. i'm sorry if i made things awkward. i was just... surprised," minho explained, hoping the other wouldn't hate him for it.

hyunjin sighed, looking up at the older. "why exactly did you want me to stay?" he asked bluntly, wanting minho to give him a one-hundred percent honest answer.

but minho didn't have an answer to that question, instead looking down at the ground timidly. "i uh... i don't know..." he didn't know what was going on with him; he wasn't being the cocky, confident lee minho he usually was, and he sure as hell did not like it one bit.

"well i think i should leave then," hyunjin said one finally time, his bag now slung over his shoulder as he turned around and opened the door. "i did have fun though, thanks." and with that, he left minho alone.

oop hi there!
thank you for 3k !