Chapter 7 (Investigation)

Start from the beginning

Victim 1: Yasuhiro Hagakure
Time of Murder: 3:24 a.m.
Location: Sayaka Maziano's dorm
Other information: The victim was found hidden under the sheets of Sayaka's bed with a kitchen knife sticking out of his gut.

Celestia: "Hey, anyone else see this. It says the location of the murder was in Sayaka's dorm..."

Toko: "So Leon wasn't the only person she tried to kill."

Mondo: "And this one actually succeeded..."

Makoto: "HOLD ON! Sayaka couldn't have done it if-"

Kyoko: "Naegi... don't waste your ammo before arriving the battlefield. If you have any proof then wait until the class trial..." Makoto agreed then everyone walked away for investigation. Except Makoto, Sayaka, Kyoko, Leon, Aoi, and Sakura.

Leon: "You really can't catch a break here..."

Aoi: "Don't worry Sayaka, we'll make sure to convince them!"

Sayaka: "Thank you, I should try to help as well."

Kyoko: "Alright, Leon, Hina, Sakura! You three see what other evidence you can find outside the dorm. Me, Makoto and Sayaka will see what we can find inside Sayaka's room." Everyone agreed to split up into two teams, Leon, Aoi, and Sakura left to find any destroyed evidence and Makoto, Sayaka, and Kyoko would try to find evidence along with Mondo who was already waiting there. Mondo was staring at the floor near the door suspiciously.

Kyoko: "What are you looking for?"

Mondo: "The floor right here looks like it's damp... could that help us?"

Sayaka: "Wait... maybe it was cleaned?"

Everyone else: "Huh?"

Sayaka: "Maybe this specific spot was where Yasuhiro was killed, and the killer tried to clean it up-"

Makoto: "And hide him under the sheets-"

Sayaka: "To make it look like I was trying to hide it!"

Mondo: "Hm... not a bad theory."

Kyoko: "So, did you change your mind about her being here?"

Mondo: "It took me sone time to realize if she did destroy evidence then that would just make her more suspicious."

Kyoko: "Yeah." The 4 of them continued to investigate the room to see what else they could find. Kyoko also started inspecting the floor when she noticed something peculiar... "Hey Maizono, do you happen to be a neat freak when it comes to rooms?"

Sayaka: "Not really, but I'm definitely not a slob so... somewhere in between."

Kyoko: "Interesting..."

Mondo: "What are you even doing?"

Kyoko: "We might have some proof that Sayaka's innocent. Take a look at the ground."

Makoto: "I think I see what you're getting at. You're talking about how there's no hair strands on the floor right?"

Kyoko: "Exactly. Sayaka wouldn't need to get rid of the hair from her own room."

Mondo: "There's a lint roller over here too! But I think it's been cleaned..."

Kyoko: "Yeah, it's definitely been cleaned."

Sayaka: "Wait a minute... this might be the same knife that was used in the struggle between me and Leon!"

Kyoko: "It's definitely the same size, and if I remember correctly the only knife missing from the kitchen."

Makoto: "Didn't Leon say he would return that first thing in the morning?"

Mondo: "Wait... could Leon be the killer?"

Sayaka: "I highly doubt it." Suddenly the announcements turned on and everyone turned towards it.

Monokuma (Loudspeaker): "Investigation time is up! Make your way to the elevator which should be marked on the map on your E-Textbooks. Then the class trial can begin!"

Kyoko: "Time to go. You guys ready?"

Sayaka: "I'm... scared..."

Makoto: "Don't be... i'll be there for you... and i'll protect you. We're a team, and nothing can change that!" Makoto was suddenly struck with confidence to support Sayaka. Sayaka did clench the blanket a little lighter.

Sayaka: "Alright... i'm ready to go!" The 4 of them made their way to the elevator except this time they weren't the last ones there.

Hifumi: "What's always taking you two so long?"

Toko: "She p-probably destroyed evidence so we wouldn't expe-"

Kyoko: "No, she didn't destroy anything." Aoi, Leon and Sakura all made it to the elevator and as soon as they did the doors closes.

Leon: "Wait, did we just get here in time or does that mean everyones here?"

Sakura: "Probably both..." The elevator moved down to a room with 16 stands and a huge throne Monokuma sat in.

Monokuma: "Welcome to the trial room! Please take your seats and then the class trial can begin!"

Celestia: "A couple of questions, what's with the picture of Yasuhiro? And the extra desk?"

Monokuma: "The picture I set up, just because Hagakure's dead doesn't mean he has to miss out. And the extra desk is only because the room is meant to fit 16 people. Now let the class trial... begin!"