Chapter 2 : New Home, New Family.

Start from the beginning

"I painted all of this, I was a Teenager when I discover that I have a talent and passion into arts. I always paint daily before because this is somehow my stress reliever." He said like he's reading my mind.

"I didn't pursue it as a work tho, That's why I'm just doing it as a hobby." He added.

"All of this are amazing, You are really talented." I said.

"Well I heard that you will take Communication Arts, I guess you also have a golden hand?" He ask.

"Well I know how to draw and paint but not as good as you." I said and he chuckled.

I roam around and I notice that his paintings and drawings are mostly plants.

"I don't know what to draw before when I'm just starting that's why I decided to paint my mother's flowers in her garden, I know how she love it so I decided to paint and draw it." He said.

Then I notice that the one that he's working right now is not a flower.

It's a person...

it's Tay...

"I stop painting and drawing when I reach college, I was too busy that's why I didn't have the chance to paint again. But now that I'm on a break, I decided to try again." He said.

"It's our Anniversary Next week that's why I think that this is the best gift that I can give to him... Because Tay is not a materialistic person... He's not into watch or clothes that's why I know that he will appreciate this more." He added.

He's too focused on his work while working and I know he's putting a lot of effort doing the painting that's why I admire him for that.

"Tay left earlier because he will meet his friends that's why I took the chance to start working on my painting. Because I know that he will never leave my side if we're together." He said.

"You love him." I pointed and I saw how he smile.

"Yeah of course I do... So much..." He said.

I kind of envy their relationship, I wish I can also experience that kind of love but I know that I'm still not ready.

Because of what Oab did to me, I know it's hard to trust someone because it really traumatized me. 

"Do you also want to try? The materials are on the table." He said.

I pick up the materials and I was about to hold the brush when I remember that I don't know what will I paint.

New notice that that's why he came to me.

"Do you have a problem?" He ask.

"Not really... I just don't know what to paint." I shyly said.

"Well you can borrow my phone and search on google, I will guide you." He said.

"You don't really have to do that! I don't want to interrupt you with your work." I softly said.

"Don't worry you're not interrupting me you silly! I have a lot of time okay? So to help you with your painting, do you have something in mind that you want to paint?" He ask.

"Oh! Do you have a nice picture of Nanny?" I ask.

"Yeah." He said.

"Can you show it go me? I want to paint her, I also want to give her a gift." I excitedly said.

He show me the picture of Nanny in the Living room sitting in the middle of the sofa. I can see the genuine smile in her face that's why I couldn't help but to smile. So I start painting it, I'm kind of nervous because it's been a long time since I paint so I'm kind of not used to it.

Specially that there's a skilled painter beside me. I appreciate how New patiently guide me, He thought me technics and tips while painting.

"I'm happy that you're here because Nanny is more lively now. I know that she's somehow lonely here specially when Tay and I started dating. We barely see each other because Tay and I are always on a date and if not, we're just in our room. But now she has you... She will not be lonely anymore..." He said.

"I'm really thankful to have her in my life, No words can describe how much I treasure her." I said and I saw how New smile.

Aftter few hours, I already finished my own art.

"Wow you really have a talent too." He complimented.

"It's all thanks to you, if you didn't guide it will turn into disaster." I said.

"No problem I'm happy to help you." He genuinely said.

"I'm excited to show it to Nanny." I said.

"Well it's still wet so we have to leave it here, We should go to a mall so we can buy a frame for it." He said.

"Oh that's right!" I said but I suddenly remember that I don't have money to buy a frame.

"But I don't have---

"I'll pay for it! Don't worry." He said.

"I'll pay you back when I find a work!" I said.

"No need, Just consider it as my welcome gift for you." He said.

"Thank you..." I softly said.

I wish Tay will not kill me because of this.

---

DON'T FORGET TO :

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE THIS STORY

and FOLLOW ME :)))

Author's note : Just in case someone is curious what adobo looks like

Adobo (Ctto) :

Adobo is one of the famous dish here in the Philippines and it's really easy to cook so you can try it at your home

Adobo is one of the famous dish here in the Philippines and it's really easy to cook so you can try it at your home. 😊