New Land

"Talking"

'Thinking'

[Notifications]

Game Text

Active narration or describing an action.

-----------------------------------

Chapter 29

When school ended that day, Rias looks out the window of the second floor and sees Koneko cuddling up to you. The crimson heiress looks quite jealous at the sight and pouts, much to the amusement of her queen.

Akeno : "Aww, is someone jealous she can't get close to (Y/N)?"

Rias : "I'm more curious than jealous"

Akeno : "Curious about what?"

Rias : "What type of girl does (Y/N) like? What do his wives and Koneko have in common?"

Akeno : "Who knows, he's quite the wild card as we've seen. *looks outside* Who would've guessed that even Koneko would be drawn to him"

Outside, you decide it's almost time to dungeon dive and shake the sleeping neko awake.

(Y/N) : "School's over, it's time to go home"

The white haired female yawns and rubs her eyes awake. She scans the surroundings and finds your hand held out to her.

(Y/N) : "There are better places to take a nap then on the ground, you know"

She accepts your kind gesture and stands up with your help. Giving her a goodbye wave, you turn to leave but the girl grabs your arm.

Turning around and looking down at her, you notice her cheeks are slightly red and she's avoiding direct eye contact.

Koneko : "I heard you're going to train the pervert. Can I come with you? I wanna practice my senjutsu"

(Y/N) : "Ho? I thought you hated me?"

Koneko : "*pouts*"

Chuckling to yourself, you pat her head and nod.

(Y/N) : "Grab some supplies and head to my place later, we're leaving in a bit" 

She nods and quickly leaves to grab her things. Just as you're about to do the same, you stop in place and put on a neutral expression.

(Y/N) : "Is there something you need Rias, Sona?"

Over your shoulder, the two devil heiresses appear behind you with serious expressions.

Rias : "I'd like to ask where you plan to take them. I hope it's not that dimension with the Angels"

(Y/N) : "Nah, those two wouldn't last a minute in there. Where we're going, two kingdoms are at war and we have to help settle the matter"

Sona : "A war? Are you going to be the one picking sides?"

(Y/N) : "Nope, I plan on helping out the third party. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm heading out to set things up"

Just before leaving, you stop and decide to tell Rias something.

(Y/N) : "You really need to step up, Gremory. Koneko and Issei have already surpassed you, it's only a matter of time before they completely outclass you"

With that, you continue on your way. Rias seems bothered by your words and looks down at the ground.

Rias : 'He's right. I haven't trained since the rating game with Riser, meanwhile Issei and Koneko have been getting stronger while I just sit back and watch'