7. Boyfriends

Denki froze and looked into Shinso's eyes. He didn't expect him to actually admit that he liked him.

"Wait, you- you really do?" Denki asked, his voice was somewhere between nervous and happy.

He had a feeling he did, Shinso was always close with him in a way that he wasn't with his other friends. The way he would hold his hand, and the way he stood up for him, him taking a liking to his blanket and his favourite hoodie, Denki knew he had to have felt something, and he was so excited that he was right.

Shinso smiled at him softly. He planted a kiss on his forehead. "You're asking because you noticed how I was acting, yeah? You're pretty smart to have picked that up."

Denki smiled. "So.. you know, I uh.. I like you too," He said nervously.

"I've noticed, no offense, but you're really bad at hiding how you feel" Shinso chuckled.

"So does that mean- does that make us- uh.." Denki struggled for words, trying to avoid actually asking.

"You're gonna be my boyfriend, kay?" Shinso said bluntly.

Denki nodded. "What happened to "I'm not gayyy'?" He asked mockingly in a joking manner.

"Nah I'm not you're just an exception" Shinso said.

Denki raised an eyebrow, and looked like he was thinking very hard about how that works.

"Maybe I'm bi or something."

"Could be," Denki nodded.

Once everyone arrived back at UA safely, more or less, Denki approached his friends.

"Thank you for coming to get me out, and I'm sorry if it inconvenienced you all.." Denki said, almost embarrassed that it was his fault that they went through all that trouble.

Bakugo had a few scratches on him, and Sero had been punched in the face pretty hard. His other friends were just tired.

"No worries, we weren't gonna leave you there, man" Kirishima said.

"Yeah. You're our friend, and we love you."

"You're a fucking idiot but it wouldn't have been very heroic of me to let the league keep you." Bakugo said, crossing his arms and looking away.

Mina stood up and whispered to Denki, "that means he cares"

Bakugo jolted up. "What!? I do not!" He yelled.

Sero chimed in. "Yeah you do! You didn't need to come"

Bakugo ran after Mina and Sero, and began chasing them around, cursing at them.

Shinso rolled his eyes. "Your friends are ludicrous, obnoxious, and a bunch of other big words I'm too tired to remember"

"They're nice every once and a while" Denki joked, and discreetly reached for his hand.

Mina yelled for Kirishima. "Come get your man I can't run much longer!" She screamed through her laughter. Kirishima stood up and ran over, chasing after Bakugo. This left the couch in the common area completely open. Denki and Shinso sat down, and Denki rested his head on his shoulder. Aizawa had crept up behind them. He tapped them both on their heads, causing them to swiftly turn around. Denki by reflex scooted away from Shinso.

"H-hey mister Aizawa!" Denki gave him a nervous laugh.

"I know exactly what's going on here, no point in covering it up, so scoot back over there and give Hitoshi excessive and possibly annoying affection." Aizawa said bluntly to Denki, and pointed to Shinso, signalling for him to go back.

"Also, Hitoshi. You forgot to pick up Eri. I had to do it myself."

"What are you gonna do, ground me?" He asked sarcastically with a smirk. "Besides, kids aren't really my thing."

Eri who was hiding behind Aizawa, walked in front of the couch. She stood in front of him and frowned. Shinso immediately felt terrible. He picked her up and set her on his lap.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I won't forget again, okay?" He gave her an apologetic smile.

Denki looked at Aizawa, then at Shinso, then at Eri. "This could be like, a family portrait or something"

Shinso leaned in close to Denki's face. "If I have to tell one more person that Aizawa sensei isn't my dad I'll strangle someone" he said.

"Kinky, make sure it's me" Denki smirked.

Shinso's face went red. "T-that's not what I-"

Eri tilted her head. "Why would Kaminari want to be strangled? What's a kinky?"

Aizawa glared at Denki.

Shinso stifled his laughter. "Uhm..- Denki didn't say he wanted to be strangled, he was joking- and a kink is uh- y'know when a garden hose twists a weird way and the water gets cut off?"

"But what does that have to do with anything?" Eri inquired.

"Don't think about it too hard. Please, don't" Shinso said. He took her off his lap and sat her on the other side of him. He leaned in close to Denki's ear.

"Now, baby I would like to strangle you, with a less violent intention, that is." Shinso whispered, his voice rhaspy.

Denki's face turned a bright red.

Aizawa lifted Eri up off the sofa. "Oookay that's where I take the seven year old little girl who is right next to you, and go somewhere wholesome, like a chick fil a playground or something."

Eri's eyes lit up. "Chick fil a!!"