17 | Dick Piercing

Start from the beginning

"Can we play again, please?" This time, I was going to let him win.

Marco's attention suddenly shifted onto the abundance of notifications coming from his phone. With guilty eyes, his face fell. "I'm sorry, love, I gotta go." He opted for a smile instead on a forehead kiss this time and I silently thanked him in my head for that.

I looked around the thoughtfully decorated living room that had accents of gold flickering around everywhere, it was beautiful. Donna did a great job decorating this place. I wonder what it would have been like to grow up in a place like this. Did all three of them grow up together? Were they showered with love? I barely knew anything about all of them.

Now that Marco was gone, and Rocco and Paolo were too busy fighting each other in the living room, that left Lorenzo.

Shortcake.

Ever since the day we went to the park, which was the best day of my life, he stopped talking to me as much.

Numerous times, I tried to get him to speak to me but he didn't budge. It was as though he was back to how he was when I first came here.

Meanie.

I shouldn't take it personally, he clearly has a very heavy and intense work life that I have no doubt affects him personally.

"Enzo," I knocked on the door of the main office, "Can I come in?" My voice wobbled a bit, I was slightly scared that he would start yelling at me or hurt me like how he did with my wrist. And although he didn't intentionally hurt me, I couldn't control my sudden need to be cautious around him.

Shortcake would never hurt me intentionally, I know that, he's a sweet guy. Our friendship might be on a rocky road right now but I won't stop until I fix it.

"Hm?" He kept his eyes fixated on his laptop as he typed away at the keys with a rapid speed.

"Hi," I smile.

His grass green eyes flickered up to mine, completely emotionless. I soon realized that I was staring at him and he could see me. I don't know why I thought I was invisible.

With hesitance in my step, I walked my way over to Lorenzo's desk and reached my fist over to his, nudging his hand with mine ever so slightly.

He finally gave in with an annoyed bump to my fist and I grinned at the man with victory. We were still friends. We were okay.

Content with our achievement, I walked out of the office and went up to my room.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"Eat." Rocco threw a Nutella sandwich at me as we walked into an SUV.

"For me?" I pointed to myself, surprised that he took the time to make a sandwich.

"Who else?" He hopped in the back seat next to me and signaled for the driver to start driving.

I wiped at my eyes with the back of my hand to stop any tears from running down my face. Rocco was so sweet.

"Are we going to get ice cream?"

"It's December, like hell i'm going to freeze my ass over to get some ice cream." It's never too cold for ice cream but I decided to stop annoying Rocco with my constant chatter and instead, look outside onto the busy road.