29 | Giving My Heart Away

Long and very important chapter up ahead

chapter up ahead.
Enjoy, my loves.

L O R E N Z O

"I sent ten men out. Only one arrived. Am I to believe that the other nine disappeared into thin air?" I kept my voice low, calm, and collected as my finger ticked on the edge of my table.

"Sir, it's odd, truly, but we don't know what happened."

"Do you want me to do your own damn job?"

"No sir, we'll figure it ou-" I hung up on him, not having the time to listen to the meaningless apologies that would later spew out of his mouth.

"What crawled up your ass and died?"

"Marco, you sound more and more white as the days go by," Rocco teased, taking a swig of his whiskey as his eyes scoured the floor for a certain stripper he had taken a liking towards.

"We are white, dumb bitch."

"We're European, there's a difference; we actually use seasoning."

I tuned out their bickering and twirled my ring around my finger, much like what Catalina tends to do.

"Simpo over here is internally crying because he misses his little baby," Marco teased me with a baby voice, his fist coming around to punch my shoulder.

I remained still. "Something changed. Catalina is all shy now and she stopped doing her usual weird shit."

"Probably that kiss y'all shared, smooch smooch."

My eyes darted onto Paolo, eyebrows lifting in surprise. "How do you know about that?" I had never mentioned it so that must have meant he had talked about it with Catalina.

"Sweets kept skippin' around the house saying, 'I kissed shortcake, I fudging kissed him,' over and over again. She also said some shit about a to do list and licking you."

My lips twitched up in amusement, making me lift my glass of whiskey so that I could hide my expression and possible blush. She's so cute.

"Paolo, Rocco, you still have to manage the shipments and follow through with the Russians deal."

"Yeah, yeah, we're going." I watched the two of them down their drinks before leaving.

"Why didn't you tell me you kissed her? I thought we told each other everything. I just don't mean that much to you anymore, that it?" Marco sounded disappointed and it made me feel guilty. We did tell each other everything but I didn't want to share what happened with Catalina, I wanted to keep it to myself.