=2.1=

'It's very fascinating'

S O M E W H E R E  I N  S P A C E

Elara watched in fascination as Tony folded a small piece of paper into a triangle, placed one of the corners to the table so it was standing upright and using his other hand to flicker the back of it. Across from him and next to the angel was her sister, Nebula, her blue skinned fingers pushed together to make a 'goal' as Tony said.

The piece of paper would have made it between Nebula's fingers but she was on guard so she raised her arms in a fighting position with a grunt. As the object clattered on the ground, the sudden sound making Elara jump slightly, Tony put his own arms up like Nebula's in mock defense.

"You don't need to do that. Because, uh, you're just holding the position." Tony explained quickly before he demonstrated the 'goal' he had showed them earlier in the game, pushing the tips of pointer fingers together while his thumbs were upright.

Ever since the three of them had watched the others disappear into dust, they had been flying through space in Quill's abandoned spaceship, starting to, hopefully, make their way back to Earth. They had run out of gas a while ago so now they were just floating in space. Terrifying if the abyss wasn't so beautiful.

Elara watched with owlish eyes as Nebula lowered herself slightly to the table, on being the 'kicker' as Tony had described, and flickered the back of the paper towards the human. She grunted as she did so but the paper triangle missed, landing on the table to the left of Tony.

"That was close."

She tried again but missed, only making it halfway across the table, but tried again and made it in the 'goal.'

"That's a goal. We are one apiece." Tony said to the blue skinned woman.

"Very well done, Nebby!" Elara said happily as she hit her hands together in small claps.

The white haired angel had been her happy self the whole time they had been on this spaceship. Not in a 'I'm gonna punch your teeth out if you smile again' like Tony sometimes felt towards Rogers, but in a reassuring way. It was a nice balance between Nebula who didn't know how to deal with emotions at all.

Nebula thanked her sister before saying to Tony, "I would like to try again."

They did it back and forth, Elara's large cyan eyes following the flying piece of paper with fascination every time. She didn't really want to play the game as she enjoyed watching it much more. Soon they were tied four to four.

"We're tied up. Feel the tension? It's fun." Tony teased as Nebula said nothing, only putting up her fingers into the goal once again. He flicked it but it only made it halfway across the table like Nebula's had before, making Elara giggle under her breath slightly.

"That was terrible. Now you have a chance to win."

They switched roles, Nebula now the 'kicker' and Tony the 'goal' as they played again. The blue skinned woman flicked the triangle piece of paper perfectly between his fingers, making it hit his chest.

"And you've won. Congratulations. Fair game." He said as he held out his hand to her as Elara clapped furiously with a broad smile on her face. Nebula on the other hand seemed very confused and shock that she had won something so easily.