Part Two: No Bullshit

Three months have passed since I first met Patrick at the hotel. I've never seen or heard of Alex since, which I didn't expect. It was one night, no one ever stays in contact with their one night stand. Patrick and I have grown closer, we're seeing each other, unofficially. I feel like we're practically dating without the label, but at the same time we're still getting to know each other.

We go on dates regularly and talk daily, we kiss and flirt but haven't went any further than that. I feel like we're both mature enough to want to take things slow and really develop a relationship before jumping into bed. Anytime I've jumped into bed with someone it ended shortly after.

I've grown to like Patrick a lot, real and genuine feelings. I'm grateful that we're taking it slow because I know that he isn't in this for the wrong things. He's two years younger than me, but the maturity he has wouldn't show for it, he acts more mature than a lot of the guys I've dated.

My birthday was about two weeks after we met and he has given me a gorgeous bracelet which I felt so guilty about. He shouldn't have felt like a gift was necessary for someone he barely knew at the time. The thing about Patrick that I've learned is that he's a very sweet, gentle guy that doesn't let his money define who he is. He likes giving when he can, even to people he just met.

We sit at a table in our favorite café, having the usual drinks and sandwiches we eat each time we come here. I take a bite of my lettuce and tomato sandwich when I realize the date, "Oh shoot. I have these coupons for the Empire State building that expires this weekend. We should go."

Patrick shrugs his shoulders as he swallows the food in his mouth, "I'm not really into using coupons. I can just pay for us to go sometime, Ave. No worries."

"Why pay full price when we have coupons?" I grin, pulling them out of my purse and showing him as I wave them in the air. I set the coupon book on the table and begin to look through them, "Oh, and the Liberty Cruise!"

He doesn't say much, instead he leans back in his chair and looks at me, "I actually have plans this weekend. My dad is opening a hotel in Paris and there's a big announcement about it at Jensen on Saturday."

"Oh shoot... It's okay, I can go alone," I tell him with a smile on my face as I continue to look at the coupon book.

"I was actually hoping you would come with me," Patrick adds.

I raise an eyebrow, lifting my head from the book, "You want me to be your date to this family thing?"

"I would very much like that," He admits.

Folding my arms over my chest, I think about his request and can't help but tell him my concerns, "You know, meeting the parents is a very big step. A serious step."

"I'm aware," Patrick nods his head, chuckling at my words, "But it's just my dad. My parents are split up so you only have to worry about one at a time."

"I don't know, Patrick. From what you've told me about your dad he seems very obnoxious and stern," I remind him.

Most times when Patrick spoke of his dad he didn't seem like he wanted to be anything like him, apparently they butt heads a lot and his dad is very focused on work, whereas Patrick focuses on whatever makes him happy - not money. It made me nervous to meet his dad because Patrick always said that he was a no bullshit kind of guy, but maybe it's different when the person he's dealing with is his son. Patrick is an easy person to get along with, though, so I can't imagine him being the issue.

"He isn't that bad, he just... He likes things done his way and he's a 'no bullshit' kind of guy," Patrick explains to me, "We butt heads a lot because we're different, he and I are two completely different people. He's more outgoing and confidant than I am, he's a natural leader because he always made his goals reality. I'm more of a free spirit and he doesn't necessarily like that about me."

"I think you're pretty great," I reach for his hand, brushing my fingertips against his hand gently, "If you really want me to, I will go. I don't mind meeting people from your world as long as they know I will always stand in defense of you."

Patrick smiles, lifting my hand to his lips and giving it a gentle kiss, "You're amazing, you know that?"

"I'd like to think so, but I don't mind hearing it," I joke, laughing as I take the final sip of my beverage, "So, what should I wear? I have a feeling that my wardrobe won't be up to par with whatever people are wearing at this party thing."

"You know that dress you wore when we went to the Broadway show last month? I really liked that one on you," He suggests and I remember him being in awe when he seen me that night, it was flattering and he wouldn't stop telling me how nice I looked.

It wouldn't have been my top choice, but considering Patrick likes it I'm more than willing to wear it just to make him happy. I'm sure that I will look out of place, but Patrick's world is becoming a part of my world and they'll just have to accept me as I am.