C H A P T E R 1 9

Start from the beginning

"Hey toad sage?" I spoke softly making sure that my voice wouldn't carry.

"Hmm?" He responded just as softly.

"How many people did Jiraiya fight?"

"There were six of them. Why?" I could feel his small body move against mine.

"I can feel 7 unusual chakras. 6 of them have the same".

"They must be the 6 Jiraiya boy fought. Do you think it has something to do with their connected vision through the rinnegan".

"The rinnegan? I thought that was a thing of legends"

"I thought so too till I witnessed it with my own eyes, six people with the rinnegan".

"That's concerning... I am not sure how to fight a rinnegan user".

"Hopefully we will be able to slip in and out without any of them realizing it".

I nodded and continued to make my way through the dark alley. This place was like a never ending maze. Everything looped into itself. 'Genjutsu? No there is just something odd about this place'.

After what seemed like an eternity of walking we reached an open area with a pool surrounded by towering buildings. To the far right there was an enormous pipe. 'I could only imagine where that led'. I couldn't see past the first few feet inside the pipe, it was consumed in darkness. There was a soft pitter patter of dripping water from somewhere inside the hole.

"Is it here?" I asked slowly unzipping the jacket that held the toad sage and I together. His webbed feet made a soft tapping sound when he landed.

"This should be it". He hopped over to the edge of the walkway his face peering into the water. His head turned back to me his eyes narrowing.

I nodded. My arms dropped to my sides, the jacket falling away from my body . I softly kicked my heels against the ground, doing so every often as I stepped up beside the toad sage I crouched down and ran my fingers against the surface of the water.

"How are you going to retrieve his body?"

I straightened up stretching my arms above my head, "I was just going to dive in and see what I find". I smiled looking down at the small creature. His eyes stared at me with confusion.

"You can't be serious?"

"Of course. From the sound of it the water isn't as deep as I thought it would be, and it isn't cold either so I'll be able to dive pretty deep. Plus it's better I don't use anything that uses chakra we're trying to avoid a battle".

"You mean to tell me that by clicking your heels against the ground you could hear how deep the pool actually was?" His voice sounded astonished.

I smiled and nodded .

"I can see why the hokage puts a lot of trust and faith in you".

I ignored the subtle compliment, looking over the water I readied myself. "Well no time like the present. And remember if anyone finds us get lost, I'll figure it out from there".

"Mmmhm".

I crouched down sitting at the edge of the walkway, slipping my legs into the water. I pulled the tie that held my shirt together, letting the soft garment fall from my body. All that was left was the tightly wrapped bandages that held and covered my breasts. I slipped into the water emerging myself completely in the luke water. With one deep breath I dove under the surface.

The water felt amazing against my skin. It felt cool and calming.

the deeper I swam the darker it became.