C H A P T E R 4 4

"Good. Sharpen your chakra into a steady stream as you form it into a blade". 

Her small hand flexed in concentration. The greenish-white aura pooled in the palm of her hand, slowly climbing the tips of her fingers as it slowly morphed into a blade. Her dark eyebrows twitched and furrowed with the crinkle of her eyes. Her bottom lip sucked in with the twist of frustrationin on her features. Her small chest tightened with the swell of baited breath, for fear of losing concentration if she so much as breathed too fast. 

'A little wobbly on the first try, but even so. Most people wouldn't be even been able to achieve this much'. 

A soft smile crept across my face. 

With a sharp breath, her chest deflated, and the jading aura vanished from her fingers.

A frustrated groan gurgled against her throat, her small hands curling into fists, slamming against the table that sat between us. The table shook under the pressure of her strike, leaving a series of splintering cracks along the metal's surface.  

A sigh brushed past my lips, the pads of my fingers aggresively scrubbed against my throbbing temples. 'Quick to anger and monsterish strength even at this age... Is it me or Tsunade rubbing off on her?' 

My eyes darted to her's, her dark eyes scorched with anger.

"You did really well Tsuna. This isn't something you can get in one try". I soothed, reaching across the table, tousling the hair at the crown of her head. Her head shook, warding off my touch.

Another frustrated sigh brushed past her parted lips, her small hand returning to its position in front of her.

Sitting back against the ice-cold chair, eyes scanning over the determined little girl. 'No use in trying to stop her'. 

Her hand sat spread before her, the greenish-white aura pooling once again, slowly curling around the entirety of her hand and sharpening into a point. 

I could feel my eyeballs practically pop out of my head as I watched this little girl do something only a handful of medics could do after years of training. My eyes snapped to Tsunade's. Her mouth pulled into an open mouth grin, the shock on my face affirming that she indeed accomplished a wildly difficult feat. 

"Did I do it, mommy?" She asked, her voice catching in amusement. 

My eyes fluttered at her question, my head silently bobbing in response as I watched her swing her arms in slicing motions. 

Down

Right

Left

Diagonal

Then down against the surface of the desk. The heavy metal creaked under the weight of strike, bowing at the center and splitting in two. 

The sound of clattering metal filled the otherwise small room. Bouncing off every flat surface, no doubt reverberating throughout the building. 

Another sigh vibrated against my chest, "Why do you insist on breaking things Tsuna?" 

Her mouth peeled  back father revealing a wolfish grin. A giggle bubbled in her chest, eyes sparkling with excitement despite my admonishment. "But I did good right?" She countered with delight. 

I couldn't help but smile as I hopped out of my chair, taking care to walk around the pile of rubble in the middle of the room. My hands wrapped around the young girl's waist pulling her up and over my hip. Her short arms dropped around my shoulders clutching the bare skin. The devilish grin still playing on her lips, as her eyes peered up at me. 

"Yes, you did". I chuckled, rubbing my nose against hers, planting playful kisses over her eyes and forehead, "You did really good. And look at that just in time for us to go meet your father". I chuckled pointing to the ticking clock above the door.  

"I can't wait to see dad!"