Chapter Thirteen, Ezra's New Hope Revived

On Lothal, Ezra was outside training with Sabine, Chopper and Zeb. Kanan was watching from afar, impressed with how Ezra's skills with his lightsaber were improving so far. His attention is caught by Ezra using his lightsaber to reflect all of the blasts at the stormtrooper target, which Sabine is confused by.

"Ow! Hey!"

"Was that fair?"

"No!"

"Did I win?"

"I see your point."

Kanan comes over, impressed with Ezra's training just as Ezra speaks up

"One of the rules of being a Jedi in a battle is to seek victory, not fairness."

"Not bad, for your first training lesson!..."

Ezra smiles sadly but looks down at the floor still not sure if his skills are good enough. Kanan just turns to the others, wanting to have a moment alone with his student. "Can we get a minute alone please?..."

While Sabine is uncertain to leave, Zeb just took her hand and led her and Chopper back to the Ghost. Kanan just sat down on the ground beside Ezra. "You okay?..."

Ezra fiddles with Kanaan's lightsaber before speaking up. "What if I can't be a perfect student?...."

"What you mean?...."

Ezra gets up in frustration, before letting out his anger and sadness. "Because I'm not good at it, OK?!"

Kanan steps back in shock before Ezra speaks up in a calmer voice. "You guys all have your things. My mother and father were great at training, and they still got hurt. I'm only good at talking my way out of it. How long before that's not enough?"

Kanan places a consoling hand on Ezra's shoulder. "Are you honestly gonna let other innocent families get hurt because you're afraid to get hurt?"

Ezra thinks about Kanan's advice, but before he could answer, Ezra's comlink beeps. He picks it up answers it, knowing that it's Hera. "Yes?..."

"I need everyone in the common room for a meeting, it's urgent!..."

Both Ezra and Kanan shrugged their shoulders before walking into the common room with Sabine and Zeb. Both Hera and Chopper were there waiting for them. Ezra just crossed his arms, curious as to why she called them here. "Alright Hera, what's the problem, I'm missing lunch!..."

Hera starts to play a secret message over the holonet. The ex-senator, Gall Trayvis was showing something that the Empire didn't want anyone else to know about. "Citizens of Lothal, one of the Republic's greatest peacekeepers, Jedi Master Luminara Unduli, is alive."

Ezra just gasped in shock, just as much as Kanan was. He used to hear stories about Luminara from his adoptive family when he was a kid.

"She has been imprisoned someplace on the Stygeon system and we are demanding a fair trial from the Emperor before the entire imperial senate ex-"

Before Trayvis could finish his sentence, the image of him and Luminara were cut off before it switched back to the imperial pilot's transmission. Hera turned it off as Ezra turned to Kanan, he was shocked that both of them had heard of the surviving master.

"You knew this Luminara?..."

Kanan nodded, remembering how he used to train with Luminara when he was just a Padawan learner.

"Uh-huh, me and my Master used to train with her all the time when I was little."

Ezra knew if she alive or not, they couldn't pass this mission up. "Guys... If she's alive, then we can't pass this opportunity up! We have to do something!..."

Hera looked at Ezra's determined nod and agrees before Kanan speaks up. "I was hoping you would say that! Hera, you set a course for the Stygeon system!"

Hera nods, running for the hyperdrive before Kanan turns to the others. "I need Sabine's explosive skills, Zeb's strength, and Ezra?..."

He turns to his saddened student, who is scared of being dumped onto another Jedi Master and being left for dead as his foster brother did a long time ago. Kanan comes over and places a comforting hand on Ezra's shoulder.

"I need you to help me to see the angles of the prison base that I can't!..."

Ezra smiles, glad that Kanan appreciates his talents before embracing his master before pulling back. "I won't let down, Kanan!..."

Ezra runs off smiling to get his stuff for the mission. Kanan stands back a bit shocked by the hug, but smiles before running to get his lightsaber. Later on the Phantom, everyone but Chopper was leaving to head for the Stygeon system. Kanan gets up, thinking he should get Ezra. "I'll let Ezra know that we're ready!...."

"I know!...."

Kanan turns around in shock to see Ezra wearing his energy slingshot along with his yellow backpack, and an old Jedi cloak that belonged to Anakin. Kanan smiled at the kid, he knew that for the first time since he was a little boy, Ezra felt like his true self. He smiled at Kanan, before turning to the others.

"Let's go get Luminara!..."

The Skywalker TwinsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara