𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

Start from the beginning

Bella decided to ignore his last two words. "So you're out of town?" she asked in disbelief. "And you didn't feel like telling me beforehand?"

"And why should I told you?" he responded nonchalantly. "I mean, who are you, my mother?"

She winced at how harsh that words sounded in her ears. After trying not to take it to heart, she answered, "No, Kol, I'm your friend. And I've been worried about you... I thought your brother decided to dagger you again after the stunt you pulled last week."

"And which stunt was that?" he replied, tilting his head to the side, smirking.

She narrowed her eyes at him as she stated, "You know exactly which one."

"Actually, I don't," he claimed, but his face said otherwise. "I did a lot of stunts that day, including the one with..." He shifted in his seat and leaned closer as he said the word, "Liplock."

Bella couldn't help looking away from him as she felt the heat quickly rush to her cheeks. She always knew Kol was shameless, but still she didn't expect him to say that word out loud after what had happened between them.

Kol leaned back to his seat and stared boredly at the table as he continued, "And think about it now... I realized how much a waste of time it was."

His confession made Bella turn quickly to him, eyes staring in disbelief.

Instead of regretting his words, Kol smiled mockingly as he retorted, "What? Don't look so surprised."

"You're the one who kissed me," she exclaimed, trying to defend her own honor.

"And I regret it," he responded impudently.

She already knew Kol wasn't one of the good guys, in fact he was kind of the jerk one. But this was too much, even for him.

After taking a deep breath to control the mix of emotions boiling up inside her, she tried to end the conversation. "Is that all you want to tell me?"

There was a brief pause before Kol finally answered, "No." He leaned closer again, this time resting his chin on his hand. "I also want to tell you  that I couldn't care less about you or what you think." He looked at her in disgust as he added, "You humans are the same, weak and meaningless."

"Please leave," she quickly ordered.

But he ignored it and kept continue, "I would love nothing more than to put an end to your pathetic existence."

Unable to hold back any longer at all of that, Bella got up from her chair.  But when she turned around to head for the exit, Kol appeared right in front of her and blocked her way. She had no choice but to look up and let him see her teary eyes along with the hurt look.

"You see... everything would be much more simple if only all the things I just said weren't just big lies," he blurted out, his tone drastically changing.

Bella could only blink as she tried to digest what he was telling her. She was too confused to tell which one was the real truth and which one was the real lie. She tried to search for the answer in his eyes, but there were too much complexities in there.

Kol suddenly cupped her cheeks with his hands. And without breaking the eye contact, he finally admitted, "Never once in my life I wanted someone this much... like I want you."

Bella didn't even have a chance to reply as he suddenly brushed his lips againts hers. Closing his eyes, he passionately kissed her. His hand slid to her waist, pulling her body againts his. He started sucking her lips, gently, almost like he was sampling nectar on a delicate petal. She drew a deep, staggered breath in response to the wave of heat she felt flushing through her. Then, with an intense urgency, he dipped his tongue past her lips, caressing her tongue with his. She felt fluttering inside. And without even realizing, a shallow hum escaped from within her in response to how he was making her feel.