𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

CHAPTER TWENTY THREEour beloved family

our beloved family.

•••

OUTSIDE THE GRILL, Meredith Fell dragged Bella's unconscious body into an alleyway where Damon and Stefan were already waiting. Alaric followed her from behind with Kol's daggered body, and he gave a reasurring smile to everyone who was staring at them, making it seemed like they were just helping drunk friends.

While Damon quickly rushed to pick up their sister's body from Meredith, Stefan rushed to help Alaric who was struggling to keep Kol's body up.

"Good work," Damon praised the sexy doctor as he lifted Bella's body into his arms. Meredith said nothing and just went back inside as if she didn't want to get further involved with them. He watched her back away with a cocky smirk, but as he turned to his sister's face, he brushed off the smirk and put on a dramatic guilty face. "Oh sister."

Within a flash, Klaus showed up and pulled the dagger out of his brother's chest. He then knocked Alaric against the wall, causing the local hunter to drop Kol's body to the ground and fall unconscious. Stefan rushed towards him and tried to attack, but he easily deflected his attack by throwing him into the stairs behind them.

Damon tightened his grip on his sister when Klaus stopped to turn his head at them, the hybrid looked extremely furious, like he was ready to chop his head off. Suddenly, he was regretting his decision to knock his sister out. At least if Bella was conscious, he could tell her to run since he wasn't sure he could protect her in case Klaus tried to use her as a payback for daggering his brother.

"I should have killed you months ago," Klaus growled, eyes narrowed sharply at the oldest Salvatore.

"Do it," Damon challenged in his usual annoying tone. "That's not gonna stop Esther from killing you."

Klaus took a few steps towards him, his voice sounding more dangerous as he asked, "What did you say about my mother?"

"You didn't know I was friends with your mummy?" Damon mocked and mimicked his accent at the last word. "Yeah, we have a lot in common. She hates you as much as I do."

Klaus snarled and was about to rush forward to attack Damon, but Elijah suddenly appeared at the top of the stairs behind them and interrupted, "Leave him!" He stopped, and as he turned around, Elijah went on, "We still need them, Niklaus."

"What did mother do?" Klaus asked his older brother, and when he didn't answer, he repeated the question in a more demanding tone, "What did she do, Elijah?"

But Elijah still didn't give any answer. Instead, he started walking down the stairs towards them.

Kol, who had finally revive from his temporary death, groaned and slowly rose to his feet. The color of his skin had returned to normal, the grey line were fading from his face down to his neck. A low, dangerous growl escaped from his lips as his brown eyes caught Bella's unconscious body in Damon's arms. "What did you do to her?"