𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

CHAPTER TWENTY NINEa dangerous thing called love

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
a dangerous thing called love.

•••

   PUTTING ON THE BLACK GLOVES, Bella looked up to her reflection in the full-length mirror once again. She was wearing a champagne sequin flapper dress at the moment, a dazzling array of champagne sequins cascaded down to a tiered fringe scalloped hemline. It was a breathtaking vintage dress and one of her favorite from the twenties. Around her neck was a necklace made of long strands of pearls. Her blonde hair was in a curly updo, with a glitzy headband. A pair of gold dainty T-strap heels were on her feet. She looked perfect as usual. And she was ready to go to the decade dance.

While admiring her own appearance, another reflection suddenly appeared in the mirror. It was Jeremy. He wore a blue navy suit jacket paired with a white shirt, grey necktie, white vest, and dark blue pants. He was standing in her doorstep, staring at her in awe.

Turning halfway toward him, Bella playfully commented, "You clean up nice."

"And you..." Jeremy trailed off as he stepped closer, he looked speechless, "you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

She couldn't say it was the first time she had heard that. "Well, considering the fact that you haven't lived long enough or gone to many places to see enough girls for comparison, I wouldn't take that as a huge compliment."

By now, Jeremy was already in front of her. His eyes widened slightly, and his lips parted, he was taken aback by her ungrateful and arrogant answer.

"I'm kidding, Jer!" Bella exclaimed, the corner of Jeremy's lips slowly curled up, and he chuckled sheepishly. "You know how much I like compliments, even though I don't really like giving them."

The Gilbert boy just shook his head. Bella and her sense of humorㅡhe should have seen that coming.

"I, uh," he cleared his throat, a trace of a smile was still on his face, one hand went inside his pocket and pulled out a bracelet. "I have something for you."

It was an infinity chain bracelet. The bracelet was in sterling silver, and it featured a round-shaped moissanite center stone. Gently taking her hand, he put the bracelet around her wrist.

A slight frown rolled over Bella's face as she stared down at the bracelet. "I thought I was supposed to be the one trying to get your forgiveness, not the other way around."

She had came clean to Jeremy about why she went missing for four days. She had told him about her trip with Kolㅡabout Kol deliberately throwing away her phone so she couldn't return any of his texts or calls, but she didn't tell him the reason why she agreed to help Kol or why Kol needed her help. And even though nothing had happened between her and Kol on that trip, it was still a miracle that Jeremy truly believed her. It was either her who was too convincing or Jeremy who was too naive. Either way she was glad she didn't need to deal with another trust issue.