CHAPTER 52: Accidental reunion

Start from the beginning

My palms kept shaking as I looked through all my options.

'No flights available.'

I kicked the door in frustration and just like every other day and night, I broke into tears.

"Why?" I wailed alone in the empty bathroom. "Why me?"

13 days. It's been goddamn 13 days. That's almost two weeks since Leonardo Agostini kicked me out of the mansion and that was the last time I ever saw him. That was the last time I saw any of them. He actually forced me to leave just like his stupid a-hole of a father did to his mother.

'Like father, like son' phrase perfectly fits on them.

And I am so sick and tired of this drugging shit people pull on me. I remember Adrian drugging me right outside the mansion doors, out in the cold air and snow. I thought that he would be there with me, to support me as he comes up with something that would stop his father's stupid tactics but no. A very big no.

Just like last time when I was drugged in the state of California, I woke up in Italy.

So when I was drugged in Italy, I woke up in the state of California.

How pathetic my life is.

I spent almost seven years and five months to get into this state while being awake. One cloth full of drug and I fell asleep for God knows how many hours then bam, I am here... except no one is here. No family. No relatives. No friends. No Adrian. I am here all alone.

California is a big state and I do salute Adrian for not throwing me back to my old neighbourhood or even worse, the same city, but he did throw me away from his life, his brother's life and everybody lives as if I were nothing to them.

Maybe I never was anything to them.

In short, my name is Amanda Quinzel Jones. Yes, that is the name I have been using for my online college courses and that is the name I forgot during the party. My boyfriend of one night and few hours kicked me out of his place because he thought or should I say, he was under the influence of his dear old father who made him spoon feed the words 'too dangerous and enemies lurking around the corner' just like he did when he kicked out his wife. I was drugged again and like a piece of clothing, I was shipped back to where I came from.

Amanda. Amelia.

Quinzel. Rapunzel.

Jones. Jones.

I jumped in shock when I heard the door knob rattle accompanied by rapid knocking.

"Hello? Amanda, you in there?" I heard Natalie from outside. I responded with a loud yes. "Why did you lock the bathroom? I swear if you are doing some suicidal shit over some stupid man who doesn't deserve you, I will break this door! This is a family restaurant. I don't wanna lose my job!"

Quickly, I wiped my face and got out of my stall. I unlocked the main door and came face to face with a stern gaze of Natalie, but when she saw my face, she softened a bit.

"Done crying?"

"I wasn't crying. I was changing my clothes." I replied flatly.

"Oh, really? Where's your bag then?"

"Umm..."

She sighed and stepped into the bathroom. "Look Amy, boy problems is very common between us girls. We cry over them, we watch sad movies, eat loads of ice cream and chicken buckets, but in the end, we always find someone new. A new boy. A new toy. Simple."

I stared at her blankly as I processed her words.

She placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it. "I know we don't know each other that well. You joined only three days ago and you are new in this city, but if you ever want to talk or anything like that, maybe I can help. Only if you forget the part where I easily figured out that you are currently going through a break up when I first saw you."