Epilogue

Abir

"Yo, mama." I called walking into her crib and as soon as I did, I felt a hard hand to the face.

"What the hell did you do, Abir?" She snapped at me as I sighed deeply, looking away from her.

"So y'all just gon' keep slapping a nigga, huh?" I spat angrily, looking down at her as she looked up at me with angry eyes.

"What is this that I hear you told everybody GG is pregnant in someone's comments or some mess and then you and her got into a huge fight in front of everyone." She went on and I scoffed, shaking my head.

Couldn't do shit around here without everybody knowing.

"Nah, mama. It ain't wasn't even like that." I went on telling her, just trying to make her calm down.

"Well then what was it like, Abir? What the hell happened out there?!" She went on, yelling at me and I sighed, plopping down onto the couch.

"Mama, ain't nothing happen. Me and G already talked. We good." I expressed to her and she shook her head.

"I don't believe that. I don't believe you right now, Abir. Where is she?" She went on saying and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yo, mama. Whatchu tryn' say right now?" I spoke up, getting angry now since she was tryna make it more than what it was.

"You acting like I put my hands on the girl."

"Well did you?" She asked, putting her hand on her hip and I scoffed, shaking my head.

"You would be happy if I did, wouldn't you? Cause you expect that shit anyway." I spat to her and she raised her eyebrows, making me sigh.

"Mama, G at home. She said she ain't want to come because she don't feel good."

"My question is though, why you acting like I did something to her?" I spat, putting hands out since I was being accused of shit when the whole time G be beating the shit out of me.

"Because I heard there was a heated fight, son. Now you're coming to this house with scratches on your neck and no Giselle."

"I need to hear from her mouth that she's okay, Abir."

"What, bro?" I spat, standing to my feet and she gave me a stern look as I hovered over her.

"Sit the hell down!" She spat at me, looking up at me and I clenched my jaw, doing as she said.

"Man, that shit crazy." I mumbled to myself, pulling my phone out to call G.

The phone rang a while but when she finally answered, my mana sighed in relief.

"Hello." G spoke softly into the phone.

"G, baby." I said to her, looking at my mama.

"Yes, Abir? I was just about to go back to sleep." She spoke in a whiny tone but I ignored it, just trying to make my mama happy.

"My fault, ma. I just need you to tell my mama that you good." I went on, explaining to her.

"Don't tell her what to say, let me ask the questions." She spat and I smacked my lips, looking at her in disbelief.

"Mama, you can't be serious."

"As a heart attack." She snaked her neck.

"As a matter of fact, I want to see her face."

"What?" I turned my lip up but she pointed, telling me to hurry up.

"Yo. Answer my FaceTime, ma." I told G as I began calling her phone via FaceTime.