12.

Giselle

Sitting there mute, he just looked at me as if he couldn't hear now. I nodded slowly, already knowing everything I needed to know by his silence.

Everything was beginning to add up. Him needing to leave last night for "business", the cocaine in his closet and him coming back being covered in blood.

This was no longer the person I'd fallen in love
with. In just three years he'd become someone completely different.

Quickly standing to my feet, he sat up slowly as he roughly grabbed my arm.

"Stop." I snapped at him, making him let me go.

"So this is the person you've turned into?"

"Disrespecting me on camera, having sex with random bitches, selling drugs and getting down with your uncle and my cousin?"

"Something you told me you'd never do." I spat to him with knowing eyes and he scoffed, looking away from me.

"Yeah and you told me you'd never leave so I guess we both lied right?" He looked me into my eyes and I bit my lip hard as I walked away from him and began to put my shoes on.

"Oh. I apologize, Ms. Privilege."

"Everybody can't just move out of Jersey and go and do whatever fuck you was doing for three years." He spat to me and I knew he'd been waiting to say that.

He been waiting a long time to say that and honestly I'm glad he'd gotten the chance to because after today he would never have another one.

This was my last and final visit.

"You mad as shit right now like a nigga ain't gotta do what I gotta do to survive." He continued on, trying to preach that street bullshit to me but I wasn't trying to hear that.

He knew I would never agree.

"So drugs?" I asked, looking at him with sad eyes.

"Drugs, Abir?" I went on, realizing me leaving was probably one of the reasons he felt he had to do it in the first place.

"You know I don't like this for you, your so much better than that." I went on, biting my lip hard as my tears threatened to fall again for the hundredth time in just a few hours with this man.

I'd never wanted him to be out here and be like these other guys. He was a good guy and I always told him that. He stayed to himself and he made his money the legal way.

He didn't need this bullshit.

"You're a good guy Abir and you know it." I shook my head in disappointment.

Despite everything that he went down before any of this, he was a great man.

"I wasn't good enough back then though right?" He spoke up, tilting his head as he looked into my eyes.

"When I asked you to stay with me three years ago and I told you I got us.." He trailed off.

"I wasn't good enough then?"

"My legal job wasn't good enough then?" He went on, taunting me now and I just shook my head at him.

"Right?" He went on as I turned on my heels to leave. I wasn't about to sit here and take this.

He wanted to be stupid then so be it. We didn't have shit to talk about because I wasn't talking to a drug dealing, no good ass, gang member.

Swinging his room's door open,, I prepared myself to leave as he went on taunting me.