chapter forty-four

Start from the beginning

jiyoung appreciated the deed. knowing he wouldn't go any farther in case she was still nervous. so, she took initiative and removed their hands, nervously interlacing them as she waited for the drop.

jaemin's eyes slightly widened, not even thinking about the possibility of her letting her grip go just to hold his hand although she was scared.

she hadn't noticed the way his hand began turning redder and redder as he got flustered.

and then it happened.

it dropped.

jaemin let out a yell, not paying attention, and getting taken off guard at the moment.

it made jiyoung feel better, laughing slightly at the noise as jaemin sulked behind his mask in embarrassment. although he was happy she wasn't crying in terror.

jiyoung was expecting it to be an awful rush but really it was just like having the wind blowing through her hair. a very powerful gust of air, that is.

she liked it. it was nice.

"that was amazing!" jiyoung jumped in euphoria, feeling as if she was in a daze

she pulled the mask off, exhilaration eminent in her bright smile. jaemin watched, his heart beating rapidly both from the ride and the smile on her face.

"you really liked it?" he asked happily, staring at her still- the mask somewhat muffling his voice.

she shook her head quickly and grasped his hand, "absolutely! come on, come on!"

jaemin removed his mask with his right hand as jiyoung pulled him with his left. "where are we going?" he laughed.

"drinks, come on. we need to be hydrated before we go on the next ride."

"can we get food too?"

"of course!" she nodded. she looked like a child who was just granted permission from her parents to go into the candy store.

it was adorable.

the two found the nearest food stand and bought their meals, finding a table to sit at and talk while they finished up.

midnight was drawing in quickly, igniting the end of the day and closing of the park

jiyoung and jaemin laughed as they got off the ride, neither of them removing their masks again yet.

"today was fun," jiyoung smiled under the fabric, grabbing jaemin's hand again as they walked toward the exit and to the car.

"does that mean you like me too?" jaemin immediately asked, his nerves leaving no room for any more internal questions waiting to be answered.

"do you want it to mean that?" she teased, squinting her eyes at the taller boy. jaemin squinted his eyes as well, pretending to ponder the thought although both of them knew the real answer.

"yeah, it'd be nice if the feeling was mutual." he nodded, letting go of her hand to go to the driver's side of the car.

"does it mean you have to be my boyfriend?" jiyoung asked.

"i'd sure hope so." jaemin nodded, getting into the car and turning it on. cold air filled the car as jiyoung got inside.

"that just sucks, doesn't it." she teased, taking her mask off and holding herself up to place her left leg under the right.

"you know you're really mean?" jaemin pouted, looking back at her and removing his mask.

"really?" she asked innocently. in a swift motion, she moved forward, their lips connecting only for a second before she pulled away. "does that make up for it?"

jaemin tried to hide his smile, ultimately failing miserably. his head tilted, "i don't know. maybe another one for good measure?"

she laughed, leaning forward to give him another peck. "good now?" she backed up, expecting him to agree that it was enough.

his right hand flew up as his thumb and pointer finger inched closely, "maybe just a bit longer and then i'll be fine."

"you know you suck right?" she asked, leaning forward for yet another kiss, this one lasting a few seconds as they enjoyed each other's warmth and comfort.

"i'll let you say anything if it means i get a kiss," he smiled triumphantly.

you're my everything
i want to protect your days and nights
you are a miracle to me, i wish you could see it
spreading all over me, a gift called you
you're my night and day
waiting for you in this street, drawing you again

my everything, nct

━ my everything, nct

cute.

also i suck at character development so i feel like all of this is kinda rushed, especially the kiss. i'm sorry ✋🏽😔

also sorry this is published later than normal, i've been working on my biomed and human geo for school and forgot to update