chapter twenty-four

"will you two get your asses UP??" jiyoung complained, ruffling her hair into an even bigger mess

the couple groaned, clearly not wanting to actually wake up once again. jiyoung reached for the remote, turning off the tv.

standing up, she felt multiple bones crack inside of her body, an exaggerated sigh coming from her lips.

"it's only five, if you two try and fall asleep now, you won't be able to sleep tonight." she laughed, mentally awing at the arms cascaded around each other.

jeno's head slightly lifted as he pulled a pillow out from behind nayeon, throwing it at jiyoung with so much force it nearly knocked her off her feet- literally.

"damn bro, there's no need for all that." jiyoung chuckled, walking away.

her feet led her over to the tv, reaching down into the cabinet that held it up to grab one of the biggest and softest blankets. gripping it, she walked back over to the couple, letting it fall onto them.

jeno thanked her, pulling it closer around him and nayeon. his green-eyed girlfriend took in the warmth, cuddling closer into jeno's chest for more comfort.

"i guess we'll just stay up late," jiyoung said to herself, grabbing another blanket and making herself comfortable on the floor with a singular pillow.

an hour passed before both girls were awoken by the sound of jeno's ringtone. the owner still slept peacefully without knowing anything about the caller.

nayeon slightly lifted her head, realizing his phone was on the floor closer to jiyoung, "can you answer it, please?"

jiyoung nodded even though nayeon couldn't see it and grabbed the phone, answering the call without checking who had been calling.

"hello?"

her deeper, raspy voice slightly took jaemin off guard, not expecting her to answer jeno's phone, let alone in the tone she had.

"jiyoung? why do you have jeno's pho- are you sleeping with hi-"

"no, you weirdo. him and nayeon are asleep on my couch. now, what the hell did you wake me up for?"

jaemin quietly chuckled to himself at the other end of the phone, taking them both off guard for a moment.

he cleared his throat slightly, "i, uh, was calling jeno to ask him if he was tutoring me in english next week but since he's asleep, i guess just tell him to call me back in the morning."

jiyoung rubbed her right eye harshly, "he can't."

"i'm sorry?"

"he and nayeon are going suit and dress shopping for those dances things you people have in december. i'll tutor you."