chapter sixty-one

while over, jiyoung told everyone truthfully that she was almost certain that soojin was also behind what was happening to her

she didn't want to admit it but seeing as she heard both her name and voice, it was almost impossible to say she wasn't.

jiyoung never really understood what she did wrong to soojin. since day one she had always tried to be nice and create a friendship between them but it seemed like every time she tried, soojin would just kick her and then push her away.

it stung even worse knowing she was blackmailing jaemin into dating her again.

jiyoung remembered the countless days she and jaemin would have a few drinks and he'd end up telling her about how much pain he went through while dating soojin and how he was happy dating jiyoung knowing she'd never put him through that pain.

it hurt her knowing he was probably going through that pain all over again. and it was her fault.

but there wasn't anything she could do. if she interferes with soojin, not only would she suffer but so would jaemin. and she knew she'd never be able to live with herself if jaemin got any more hurt because of her.

"nice of you to finally make it," jeno smiled, welcoming jaemin inside chenle's house. his smile dropped after seeing the snarky girlfriend behind him.

soojin smiled mockingly at jeno, waving to him as she intertwined her and jaemin's fingers and continued into the gaming room.

"jaemin hyung!" chenle said excitedly, jumping up.

"hey buddy," jaemin smiled weakly, walking over to an empty space big enough for him and soojin on one of the couches.

he truthfully didn't want to come over. he just wanted to lay in bed and sleep all day but with soojin's blackmail over his shoulder, he couldn't help but do anything she said.

and today, she chose to come over.

chenle reached forward with a remote in hand, "i just got a new game recently. wanna play?"

jaemin nodded, not feeling it in himself to decline the younger boy's request. "thanks."

he attentively watched the screen as he customized his own character, switching between different clothing choices and everything.

renjun rolled his eyes, impatiently watching as jaemin switched back and forth between different outfits. "hurry up, already."

"let me add my name."

he made it to the space for names and scrolled through each of the premade names and nicknames to finally reach the option of adding a new one.

he reached the end and was about to click the adding name option when he read the last addition.

jijiyoung

his heart stopped at the name. it was as if time was frozen around him as his stomach began to twist and turn.

everyone began making eye contact with one another as worry seeped through their veins, having forgotten to change jiyoung's username before jaemin arrived.

he knew he couldn't show that he noticed it in front of soojin and pressed continue, the screen switching to different point of views as their game began.

he still wasn't as competitive as the others, only finding it in himself to play without trying to damage renjun and chenle's characters, instead just racing.

the game soon came to an end, the screen showing only the top three players.

chenle tried to switch out of the screen after realizing what was going to be shown but he wasn't quick enough, jaemin already caught sight of his list.

OVERALL RANKING
1st - zhonglele
2nd - jijiyoung
3rd - fullsun
YOUR RANK: 9th

a pit formed in the bottom of his stomach, making him stand up in a hurry, words slipping out of his lips, "i gotta use the bathroom."

he was more than confused as to why her name was on the list seeing as the game chenle had only come out a few days ago.

he clutched the sink with a tight grip, his eyes staring back at him intensely as he watched himself in the mirror.

maybe he was missing something.