ch.13 - alchemy

Louis felt elated, even more so he felt damn awesome. After such a long time, he experienced this feeling again, the feeling of getting noticeably stronger. His level shot up directly by 3, which was probably the bonus from slaying the first ever demonic beast in his life as well as from being quite low leveled as of now, since the creature he defeated was only 3rd level, pretty much one of the weakest creatures in the forest, Louis wouldn't even be surprised if he found out that he met with an infant creature. 

It was also possible that it wasn't a coincidence, after all Sedric who was very high leveled, could have easily drawn off most of the creatures by his aura alone, it wouldn't be hard for such a skilled person to avoid affecting low level monsters, leaving them for Louis. This was for the best for now while Louis still had to get a grip over his senses in an actual battle, but later, he would certainly tell the male to no longer suppress beasts around.

Louis stood in a daze for a small margin of time before a huge grin covered his face, his level had risen, his mastery in swords and martial arts did as well, his heart was fluctuating from thrill and excitement, but after a few minutes, he snapped himself back. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes, forcing himself to get his concentration and focus back. Once he opened them again, his forest green eyes seemed to gain a deeper hue, now full of unwavering calmness and determination. 

Sedric who was watching all of this unfold, felt shocked, Louis seemed to be close to acquiring the heart of the warrior. This was a special ability to be able to keep a cool head at all times and especially in combat. The name came from the fact that mostly warriors, who battled in front lines managed to acquire it, for the rest it was a talent they all desired.

Of course, Louis had only grazed the outline of this talent and it couldn't be said for certain that he would fully gain it in the future as well, but just the fact that he could touch the outline right after his first ever battle with a monster...Sedric had a lot of respect to his young masters determination and mental power after he saw the boy torturously training and studying each day, even while being this young, but now, Louis gained whole new level of respect in Sedric's heart. 

His mental power and general personality was impressive to say the least, it could be comparable to a soldier's whos' mental power has been forged at the battleground for years...Aside from that, from Louis's reaction right after killing the beast, Sedric could see rough gem for developing boundless battle intent....He simply couldn't stop being fascinated by this young boy in front of him.

"...let's proceed, I will concentrate on the sword today, bow will come tomorrow and later I will find a way to incorporate my other non-magical combat skills while hunting" It was a bit ironic of Louis using the word 'hunting' while talking about killing monsters, but it wouldn't be that weird for people in this world since many of the materials on monsters' bodies could be used in various kinds of crafts and some of the types of monsters even had edible meat. 

Of course, that didn't concern low leveled ones such as the corpse in front of Louis. It didn't take much to persuade Sedric, he was only here to accompany the young heir and make sure he wouldn't be in any imminent danger, all the decisions not linked to those two, were to be made by Louis.

Next week or so passed in a similar fashion. Louis went out to hunt and train his combat skills in the morning, also practicing his everyday magic whenever he could. He also found one more hobby - laying out traps. It was fun for him to think of various types of traps and he was feeling kind of reluctant now about the fact that he studied computer science instead of engineering in his past life. Sure it aided his analyzing abilities, but as of now he thought that his major brought much less advantage in this world than it did in his past one, which was quite obvious, after all this wasn't a technological world.