ch.14

As they proceeded back through the forest, they stumbled upon a few weak monsters each of which Louis finished off in a matter of minutes. He wasn't in a mood to fight anymore, at this point his initial excitement faded away and he was more rational with his actions.

Naturally, he was still happy to see himself improve. His life really seemed like a weird mix of game and reality, giving him a feeling that he was experiencing the childhood he lacked in his previous existence.

Speaking of games, it seemed that he gained a whole bunch of levels by defeating that beast. In this world you didn't just get a set amount of experience by defeating an opponent as you did in games, on the contrary, the amount of power up you received depended on intensity and versatility of the battle itself.

For example, if you just swung your sword a few times to defeat the enemy, you will get far less than if you used your mental and physical abilities to the max, challenging yourself just as Louis did earlier. That was also the reason why his stats rose by leaps and bounds, he had to overexert not only his mind but also body, causing a huge improvement.

The road back was filled with silence, with the noise of the forest acting as background music. Louis said they would discuss the young beastkin's origin once they were back to summerhouse, thus Sedric did not say a word either. His young master seemed thoughtful and he didn't want to disturb him.

At some point Louis's gaze moved to the beastkin boy in Sedric's arms, silently casting another round of healing magic on him. Light magic has quite a few uses but most people used it as healing magic, which was quite troubling for Louis, he was far more interested in other uses which he had been experimenting upon.

The boy was truly in a bad condition. Not only were there wounds on his body but upon further inspection Louis also found internal injuries, making him frown in disdain. Hurting a child like this was a behavior of a lowlife by his standards.

"Let's speed up our steps" he instructed, starting to use his lightning magic to hasten up his phase so that he wouldn't slow down Sedric. By now he really did get used to this old man. Sedric had skills beyond even most knights, yet he served as a mere knight.

Louis heard that Sedric was trained to serve their family since youth, but that was about all he knew of Sedric's past. He asked him about how other met his father multiple times, albeit the elder only smiled, responding with the same exact phrase each time 'young master will be informed once you enter the academy'

He could probably find out if he asked around, but he went along with him, also smiling, quite curious about what they had in store for him....It seems he was a little too tired, his mind wandered off to various memories, bring him into a daze for the whole time before they finally reached their destination.

As soon as they were spotted the servants literally flocked around them. Soon enough the boy was laid in a bed, with fresh clothes and clean bandages over his body. He now looked a lot less ferocious, you could even clearly see the face that had yet to gain the features of an adult.

To Louis the male seemed to be around fifteen, but beastkins' bodies could develop differently from humans. As much as he knew, elves looked far younger than they actually were, so he couldn't deny such possibility.

After a few minutes of contemplation, Louis made a wise decision of giving himself a little rest instead of diving straight into discussion. It didn't seem like there was any threat directed at them and they were back to the mansion safely so they could cut themselves some slack.

Thus, Louis took some time to wash up and change into comfortable clothes before heading towards the study where Sedric was already waiting for him. The butler stood straight while Louis sat down, reaching out a cup of tea for him. He only sat down after getting permission from Louis.